Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Australian women - anyone who's tried pgd in America....

Hi,
    I am looking to do PGD in america in 2013 and would like to know of stories of any women from Australia who have been there and had success and where you went. I am in country NSW and would love to know if there is anyone from Canberra or Sydney and where they went for pretesting.
    I am due to have DS4 in June but would like to gather all my info now so I can prepare and save

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there, from Aus but not done PGD in America.

I just wanted to say that if you become a dream member there are a lot more Aussies there who can answer your questions, most don't come out here because it is a public forum.

Good luck on your journey!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there I am from Australia country NSW about 2hours from Canberra.

I have done pgd in America and am here again collecting my last embryo "chilli" hopefully sucussfully.

We did a full cycle back in aug 2010 which resulted in a lovely daughter Addison. We have 7 boys.

I will PM you I am happy it help
    17,15,13(twins),11,7,210months and FET feb 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi There
    I too am looking at going to US but in May this year. Looking at HRC as the clinic. We are from country Queensland. Any info anyone has would be appreciated - only up to consultation stage. Need to organise and find out who does testing ....a bit worried that it may only be in Sydney which is really inconvenient for our family being in QLD. Anyone had experience of doing pretesting in QLD......would appreciate any info.
    Booked flights and am really nervous/excited..........

Cloverbear - wish you the best with your transfer. For us we will be going through IVF process.......so hopeful it works....as know you can appreciate is a big investment out of our family budget. Hoping for a healthy blue bub.

Thanks again - grateful for this forum and site.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I live near Rockhampton in QLd. I got my bloods done at QML, my AFC Scan done a Central Qld Medical Imagining in EMerald and Rocky and I had to go to Brisbane to get the Sonohysterogram done. I got all the pre testing orders re-written by my GP. Bloods cost me nothing, AFC cost $150 after Medicare and Sono cost $600 after Medicare. HTH

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! I am Australian who lives in Melbourne that's planning to cycle in the us at hrc in early 2013. I spoke to my wonderful ob who said he was happy to help me with all of my pretesting. Did u have a ob with ur previous pregnancies? Maybe u could ring around- u'd be surprised with how supportive some drs r. Good luck x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much onlythelonely and kpmum. Is helpful info....i need to get onto this asap.....May will be here before we know it. This part (pre-testing_etc. ) worries me because of where i might get it done and who to go see and ask for it etc. Thanks again.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythelonely View Post
    Hi I live near Rockhampton in QLd. I got my bloods done at QML, my AFC Scan done a Central Qld Medical Imagining in EMerald and Rocky and I had to go to Brisbane to get the Sonohysterogram done. I got all the pre testing orders re-written by my GP. Bloods cost me nothing, AFC cost $150 after Medicare and Sono cost $600 after Medicare. HTH
    Hi onlythelonely,

My dr here on the Gold Coast told me that I needed a referral for an IVF clinic to get all the HRC required pretesting done! I was sooo hoping to avoid all that as I just want to go and get my bloods done at the regular QML office and sono at my local radiographers. How did you manage to avoid having to go to an IVF clinic? Do you know of an understanding GP/clinic on the Gold Coast that could help me?

Many thanks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a phone consult with Dr Potter at HRC and then they sent me the requests for all the testing I needed I just took that to a GP and got them to re write them for QML and the sonography place and then had them done. Just went back to GP and got my results. I told the GP that I had family overseas and wanted to cycle there.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the reply. That's a great idea about saying you have family overseas - that what I should've said as my dr was very unhelpful. I've got the testing requests from HRC, so I'll try again with another dr.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast