Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I had fantastic news, but I'm not there yet. I recently switched clinics and am about to start round #5. I had a horrible experience with my last two cycles at my local clinic. After I decided to switch I requested all my medical records including my doctor's notes. Reading them was like reading fiction. This is upsetting, but it also gives me hope that with a new doctor and new clinic I might find success because obviously my old doctor lacked integrity. My new doctor seems extremely optimistic. That said, I also found out that if I only get male embryos than they need to be transferred or insurance will no longer cover services. It makes sense, but it's a lot pressure. So, very soon I will know if my IVF journey is going to be successful or over for good. Going through so much has given a lot of perspective. I miss my angel daughter so much. My life will never be the same, but at the same time I am very blessed with my boys. Seeing so many people struggle to just have one pulls on my heartstrings. I don't feel bad for my desires, but I do feel humbled. Wishing everyone that reads this now or years from now success. I will update once this final round is over.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so glad you're in better hands now - I truly think medicine needs to clean house desperately because far too many of us are having awful experiences.

I am hoping and praying for a happy update soon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello CodeViolet, I hope you get your dream baby in this final round.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad update. So with Covid-19, my cycle got delayed. I went in about 2 weeks before turning 41. Got 10 eggs, 8 mature, 5 fertilized, and one made it to blast. It came back abnormal. My journey for a biological girl is now over. I have really good hormone levels, my husband has decent sperm, but IVF just won't work with my eggs. My current doctor says that if I tried on my own that I have a very high chance of miscarriage. IDK. My friend offered me her untested embryos. We're debating the pros and cons of this. I really wish I could test them, but they're day 7 and that likely wouldn't be too much for them. My doctor advised against accepting. He said to do donor egg with testing and to hope that we'd get a normal female embryo. Grateful for my friend, but really bummed about not having a mini-me. Child loss really sucks. I feel punished for wanting another girl so badly.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to read this. You are 1000% not being punished, anyone would want a girl (and we all want it for you.)

While I personally think doctors exaggerate the risks of miscarriage sometimes and we have had good results for 41 year olds with proven conception, after everything you have been through my inclination would be to play it as safe as possible and that would mean donor eggs.

I think your friend is being super kind to offer but I would have concerns about the strain it could put between you. It is possible to work this kind of situation out, but it can be a bit difficult to navigate sometimes.

If you do decide to proceed with trying naturally let me know and I would be happy to help you however I can.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeViolet View Post
    Sad update. So with Covid-19, my cycle got delayed. I went in about 2 weeks before turning 41. Got 10 eggs, 8 mature, 5 fertilized, and one made it to blast. It came back abnormal. My journey for a biological girl is now over. I have really good hormone levels, my husband has decent sperm, but IVF just won't work with my eggs. My current doctor says that if I tried on my own that I have a very high chance of miscarriage. IDK. My friend offered me her untested embryos. We're debating the pros and cons of this. I really wish I could test them, but they're day 7 and that likely wouldn't be too much for them. My doctor advised against accepting. He said to do donor egg with testing and to hope that we'd get a normal female embryo. Grateful for my friend, but really bummed about not having a mini-me. Child loss really sucks. I feel punished for wanting another girl so badly.
    Any update CodeViolet? I hope you are doing ok and was sorry to see your most recent update in June.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123