Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there anything DH can do for HT sway?

My first attempt at IVF with PGS for a girl has just failed. Pregnancy test was negative today. We are devastated for so many reasons. We are thinking of trying again, but really worry about our girl odds. The first time, out of 21 eggs, 6 went on to 5-day blasts and only 1 was a girl. We did ICSI too, so fertilization was artificial done at random. With those factors, no one can convince me that my husband’s sperm are 50/50. (We already have two boys. 7/8 of my “children” are male!) Is there anything at all that my husband can do to increase the girl count and/or quality if we try to go again?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by M120299; October 19th, 2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Post removed. I did not intend to upset anybody

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M120299 View Post
    Science has proven that sperm is 50.50
    But has science proven that healthy sperm are 50.50? It’s entirely possible that the fathers of those 7 same sex kids have some sort of problem with their other sex sperm. There’s got to be something going on there.

Your comment did not answer my question, and was therefore unhelpful. There is no need to be argumentative. We have just lost a child and lots of money. People are hurting on this forum. Please be sensitive and keep that in mind.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekan1724 View Post
    But has science proven that healthy sperm are 50.50? It’s entirely possible that the fathers of those 7 same sex kids have some sort of problem with their other sex sperm. There’s got to be something going on there.

Your comment did not answer my question, and was therefore unhelpful. There is no need to be argumentative. We have just lost a child and lots of money. People are hurting on this forum. Please be sensitive and keep that in mind.
    I'm sorry for the way you're feeling and didn't mean to come across that way at all. Trust me I understand what you're going through. I was just trying to give you some assurance that contrary to what we think at times, male sperm actually does not produce more of one sex than another.

I wish you all the best.

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If no one can convince you, no one can convince you, but yes, science has proven that men make 50-50 X and Y sperm. Men have to make 50-50 because their bodies are made of XY sperm that separate in the testicles to make X and Y sperm, and XY divided in half is 50% X and 50% Y. Now, it may be that something is going on that makes the Y sperm more active or healthy or fertile, but in terms of science we don't have any evidence of that.

Some people have given their husbands take Olive Leaf Extract (liquid form is said to be best, follow dose guideline on the bottle) and Vitamin C (no more than 500 mg max). Personally I do not think this helps, because some people say "this worked after only one month" and others say "I had to take it for six months and then finally it helped!" meaning that people basically cycle till they get a girl-heavy month through sheer luck and then declare the Olive Leaf a success. But it doesn't seem to hurt anything, and if you want to try it, it may give you a feeling you're doing something to control the outcome.

The real problem is that you got 21 eggs, only 6 were available to test. IVF is a numbers game and so the more eggs you get to testing, the more chances you have of pink. We need to get you more eggs TO ICSI, and more eggs that get to Day 5 to be tested. And in order for that to happen, we need your husband's sperm to be at their best, strongest, and most numerous. While OLE doesn't harm sperm, most pink sway tactics are harmful to sperm and you should NOT have your husband do anything like hot baths, long abstain, taking any harmful supplements like licorice root or soy, any of that. You need to do whatever it takes for your husband to have the most, and the healthiest sperm possible, and for you to have the most, and healthiest eggs possible (meaning you need to follow a lower, but not SUPER low carb diet like South Beach Diet where you eat about 40% protein, 30% healthy fat, and 30% healthy carbs like fruit, vegetables, and whole grains; cut back on caffeine, cut out sugar and alcohol, take some supplements your doctor recommends but DO NOT take gobs of herbal supplements or megadoses of any nutrients)

I have seen literally thousands of people have a boy heavy cycle and turn around and have a girl heavy cycle (and your doctors will confirm this). If you put 50-50 blue and pink M and M's in a bowl and take out a handful of them sometimes you will get more pinks and sometimes you'll get more blues. But it doesn't mean you can only get pinks or blues.

I know that there's nothing I can say to convince you, and that is fine. What I really want you to do is that you MUST NOT do anything that is supposed to sway pink with natural conceptions when you are going IVF. Because the key to you getting a girl is having as many XX as possible and for that to happen you'll need to maximize your fertility.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekan1724 View Post

Yes, science has proven that healthy sperm are 50-50. I have seen thousands of people pay money to IVF clinics to "have their husband's sperm tested" and it was around 50-50 every time for the reasons I mentioned above. There are studies that prove it, as well.

There are a handful of charlatans that "test sperm" in third world countries with no regulations, and tell people the results are different than that, but those are clinics operating in countries with no oversight, who then sell people magical calendars that do not work to tell them certain months they are supposed to conceive boys or girls. When people have bought these calendars, they haven't worked. Reputable medical researchers believe sperm is 50-50.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ