Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once a day for 10 days will definitely be him trying to ‘keep up’. He will be shattered, but let’s do it 😆

Can I ask on timing of BD and abstaining before it. Would you recommend holding off for 24 hours before BD? (if we can timings wise) and also the timings of ovulation and BD. You would suggest a few days before a confirmed ovulation? Is that the first day a OPK would show a line? Even a faint one.

I have been tracking since April 2021, but obviously the ivf has mucked that up!! Usually I am about day 20 but it’s all in the air atm.

Thank you again, and again, an again xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I do not recommend abstaining before BD. That would undo the potential benefit of the daily release. Just have a release every 7 (no need to do the full 10 if he can't manage) days before the one attempt, and have an attempt at any point that 8th day when it's convenient. Worrying about the number of hours is just a meaningless detail that simply aggravates control freakishness (which can sway somewhat blue.)

No, positive OPK is not a faint line. Believe it or not, even your husband could get lines like that sometimes on an OPK if he used them. In order for an OPK to be positive, the line needs to be as dark or darker than the control DO NOT wait for the darkest test, have the attempt the first day (the night of that day is fine!) the lines are equally dark even if htey get darker later on.

Swaying does tend to change cycles as well. No worries about not having a regular cycle or tracking in advance, neither of those things are necessities.

My pleasure, let me know how else I can help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sejiea View Post
    I need help and i am hoping someone here can help me (If this is the wrong place to post please let me know)

We have two sons and want one more child, and would like for that child to be a girl. We are both healthy, have never had a miscarriage, good AMH, good sperm, no issues, and both in our mid thirties. So we went for IVF with gender selection. We knew what we wanted and the only way to guarantee it.

First cycle, we got two embryos to testing: one boy and one girl - both abnormal.We know its a roll of the dice, but our dr said it was unusually to have 10 eggs and only be able to test 2, and both be abnormal. So we went for another cycle:

Second cycle. we got four to test. Much better. They were: 1 abnormal girl, 2 abnormal boys and one normal boy.

We are crushed. We had 13 eggs this time, but still 90% of our embryos are abnormal! I can't emotional, physically or financially go through another cycle. So i feel like we are only able to sway. It feels ridiculous that our only option is to gamble on a sway.

Please has anyone else had a similar story? I feel like we can't gamble a sway and get another boy. Which means we either have to try and go through the whole process again or just don't have anymore children. It feels like the universe is saying we can't have a girl. That its not for us.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramble.
    I know this post is older, but i had the identical outcome but flipped -- wanted a boy. We had a girl already. Did two IVF cycles and had 16 eggs turn into 2 embryos -- one boy (abnormal) and one girl (normal). Second cycle resulted in four embryos - one abnormal girl, two abnormal boys and one normal girl. Swayed for boy -- got a girl.

Eventually did two more cycles. Third cycle was a complete mess during lockdowns -- ended up with one embryo, mosaic boy. Finally did four cycle. THREE normal, healthy boys. My 3AA just turned one.

I learned firsthand that it's an odds game and very easy to see patterns where there are none. Not everyone can do what we did, and I was fortunate that I was able to go to a clinic that still worked during lockdowns, was cheap, and then cut me a deal on the sly as well. That plus working around the clock enabled me to try those two more times, which essentially left me with 4 of my DG.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I know this post is older, but i had the identical outcome but flipped -- wanted a boy. We had a girl already. Did two IVF cycles and had 16 eggs turn into 2 embryos -- one boy (abnormal) and one girl (normal). Second cycle resulted in four embryos - one abnormal girl, two abnormal boys and one normal girl. Swayed for boy -- got a girl.

Eventually did two more cycles. Third cycle was a complete mess during lockdowns -- ended up with one embryo, mosaic boy. Finally did four cycle. THREE normal, healthy boys. My 3AA just turned one.

I learned firsthand that it's an odds game and very easy to see patterns where there are none. Not everyone can do what we did, and I was fortunate that I was able to go to a clinic that still worked during lockdowns, was cheap, and then cut me a deal on the sly as well. That plus working around the clock enabled me to try those two more times, which essentially left me with 4 of my DG.
    which clinic did you use?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantinfo9 View Post
    which clinic did you use?
    CNY

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear your story, but I cannot give you advice but just lots of luck. In my case I had an embryo donation to have my girl and I had my treatment done overseas. Good luck on your pink swaying!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi this is an old post so just wondered how things turned out for you? Did you finally get your girl? And was it natural with pink swaying?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12