Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best clinics for IVF/PGD for a girl in the Seattle area

Hi all,
    Can someone recommend the best clinics for IVF/PGD in the Seattle area? We are debating whether to travel to LA vs staying out in Seattle if the difference in quality and success rates is not much. Also I'd like to understand the costs. What is the most economical one both in Seattle and in the US?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you checked out SART?? You can compare results from different clinics. https://www.sart.org/

And if you click Washington State on this page, you'll get a list of all the ART clinics in the state and can look them up to see if they're a good fit for you. https://www.cdc.gov/art/artdata/index.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree to take a look at SART. Also, some things to consider if deciding to use an out of state clinic:
    Monitoring - There is a ton of monitoring for egg retrieval. You'll need to find either a fertility clinic, obgyn, or imaging center that can do your local monitoring. Personally I found this to be a pain. Most places wouldn't do the scans I needed or they were always booked way in advance. Blood work can usually be done at labcorp or quest and it's easy to get an appointment last minute.
    Travel - this might be an obvious one but I did so much traveling back and forth (and that was just for FET!). Between airfare, food, uber, and hotels, it all adds up and frankly it's exhausting. Also traveling with meds and sometimes having to do injections in a random place like an airport bathroom isn't fun lol.

This isn't to discourage anyone who is looking to do IVF in another state, it's just to point out the important things to consider when deciding on a clinic. Good luck!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to mention about clinic stats. Sometimes clinics will have low success rates but not because they're doing anything wrong, it's just that they might take on the harder cases of infertility, sinking their success rates. HRC for example has something like an 80 percent success rate but that's because the majority of their patients are there for gender selection, not infertility. Just something to keep in mind.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post