Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. I know you feel so defeated. GSN success rates really aren't that much better than the old way. The percentages are silly though and it's hard not to get caught up in them. I think your clinic's FET success rate does matter though. Either they are good at it or they just are not.

Being a OHW is about luck. It just is. Most of us have to try more than once. Your question about whether the 24 chromosome tested ones ever find success is a great one. I think it is too early for us to know.

You had a great response. Have you had insulin resistance testing?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    . Your question about whether the 24 chromosome tested ones ever find success is a great one. I think it is too early for us to know.

You had a great response. Have you had insulin resistance testing?
    Are there any examples yet of women getting pg after a failed 24 chromosome ET/FET?

I haven't had insulin resistance testing, but I am as fat as I've ever been right now. Doesn't that make it more likely? Had a helluva time losing weight after DS3, think my hormones were extremely crazy during nursing, but even after weaning the weight wouldn't come off, then I kinda stopped trying then with IVF I was scared to even exercise. I've always had weight issues and whenever I'm overweight I hate myself a LOT, so it's just one more thing to feel great about right now that I can't even do anything about. How long does insulin resistance testing take? If I don't start BCP this month and cycle next month I think my brain might leak out of my ear.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're so funny. If your BMI is high, yes, I would do insulin resistance testing. I don't know where you cycled but that is Potter's goto test after BFN. Remember charliecats? NT first cycle and then 3 babies out of the next cycle after testing positive for insulin resistance and changing protocol, adding metformin.

Not to pile it on but one of the biggest things with IVF success is weight. As much as 30% lower chances according to some studies. Now, a little leftover baby weight is one thing but an obese BMI will really reduce ones chances.

I know of one 2 GSN BFN's and one went on to have triplets and the other is pregnant with one baby. There may be more but I can't think right now. Not enough have used it to really know what it means though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Three! Just thought of another one!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    You're so funny. If your BMI is high, yes, I would do insulin resistance testing. I don't know where you cycled but that is Potter's goto test after BFN. Remember charliecats? NT first cycle and then 3 babies out of the next cycle after testing positive for insulin resistance and changing protocol, adding metformin.

Not to pile it on but one of the biggest things with IVF success is weight. As much as 30% lower chances according to some studies. Now, a little leftover baby weight is one thing but an obese BMI will really reduce ones chances.

I know of one 2 GSN BFN's and one went on to have triplets and the other is pregnant with one baby. There may be more but I can't think right now. Not enough have used it to really know what it means though.
    The thing is, the only way I seem to be able to lose weight is through extremely low calorie intake combined with a ton of exercise. I did that after DS3 and it still didn't work. Right now I haven't weighed myself in like six months but I'm guessing my BMI is like 28 or 29, maybe 30 at the worst, like high overweight or borderline obese. I'd have to like extreme diet for six months to a year, then wait another six months to stabilize, and I just can't right now. The waiting, I just can't do it anymore. I'm so tired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not think you need immune testing at this time. I typically recommend it if someone has had repeated failed cycles but since this is your first one I would not spend the money on that just yet.

Lillylolly used GSN a few times and is now finally pregnant. It can and does happen all the time. While we want there to be 100% success rates with GSN normal embryos, it just isn't the case. Unfortunately you were on the other side of that statistic/percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and IR testing is super common and easy to have done, I would do it if that is one thing you haven't had done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need insulin testing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So if I get insulin testing and they give me metformin, does that improve things significantly or will my fat ass and revolting unmoveable gut keep me from getting pregnant just like they keep me from looking in the mirror?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how about high protein low carb, that works well for my fat bum?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast