Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would you get microsorting in Tijuana Mexico?

I talked to a doctor at the hospital Angeles in TJ. He does the sorting for 1500.00. The hospital they say is a 5 minute cab ride from the boarder. So it's not deep in Mexico. The odds for a girl is in the 90s. If I do something here it would have to be the Ericsson and there odds are 75% at best.
    What do you think?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend that you go check their lab. I went to Guadalajara for Microsort and I insisted on seeing the machine and the sorting process. I did my 3rd IUI/MS there but it did not work for me.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by choulu View Post
    I would recommend that you go check their lab. I went to Guadalajara for Microsort and I insisted on seeing the machine and the sorting process. I did my 3rd IUI/MS there but it did not work for me.
    That is a good idea! Did you make an appointment to do that?
    I know when people hear Tijuana they think dirty yuck but in 2009 I think it was they built a state of the art hospital out there for medical tourism. So I'm not afraid of that but I have heard it can be dangerous in Tijuana that kind of worried me. But the odds of a girl with that method is so much higher.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it really Microsort or another kind of spermsort and they call it microsort? You can check it on the official website of Microsort. I have no experience with Mexico.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But with IUI your pregnancy rate is 10-12%. Add up 4 tries and that is what you need to plan for. At that point you might as well do IVF.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    But with IUI your pregnancy rate is 10-12%. Add up 4 tries and that is what you need to plan for. At that point you might as well do IVF.
    We can't afford ivf I looked into mini ivf my insurance I'm pretty sure would pay for the meds but it cost 4200 for just the ivf part and another 3500 for pgd for 1 try. The cheapest full ivf I could find was 5600 plus meds plus pgd that was also in Tijuana Mexico. Again that's one try if it didn't work there would be no way we could afford to try again.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But you would need to use injectibles to up your chances at conceiving so make sure you count that too if $1500 is just the sort. Plus monitoring fees.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to live in San Diego and I will say that TJ is incredibly dangerous. The modus operandi there is hustle Americans for all they are worth. I don't know much about this hospital, but I do know that it is famous for corrupt doctors and pharmacies and I would not be surprised if their fertility clinic is along the same lines. Just be careful and REALLY check it out. NBP has a good point about the costs. And I know how you feel, I can't afford regular IVF in the states either, but we are looking at Czech Republic if we end up going that route- not for gender selection, though, just getting pregnant. I just wanted to post and say to be careful. I know of way too many horrible things that have happened there, including some to me and my friends when we stupidly went down to check it out. A cop pulled us over for no reason and told us we were speeding (we weren't) and that he would take us to prison if we didn't "pay the fine immediately" and he took every dollar that all of us had in our pockets. Also, a work acquaintance's neice was abducted there and used as a drug mule. DO NOT READ if you are squeamish: they found her gutted body full of cocaine in the backseat as the dealers tried to cross back into the US. She was still warm and not even stiff yet. So, as you can see, I am not a big fan of that town. It is dangerous for tourists. Some might disagree, and it has been about 10 years since I lived there, but I just say check it out VERY thoroughly and don't plan to stay long. Sorry to freak you out if I did, I just had to comment on your post with my experiences!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's definitely not Microsort either so is there any real proof that his "sorting" works? Any real supervision?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast