Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How far out do I need to start planning for IVF/PGD?

From what I have read here it seems like you need at least 3 months to get everything ready (Consult, pretesting, etc). Is that right? Would I need longer?

I haven't done even a consult yet. I'm just in the planning stages. I was hoping to cycle in early November. So to make that happen, when should I get the ball rolling?

also, if cycle #1 doesn't work could I then cycle again the very next month in December? Or would I my body need to wait a while?

Thanks for any/all input
    Fi

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. You can consult as much as 6 months out and do your pretesting within 6 months before you cycle. You can try and cycle back to back but you have to 1. wait for AF and 2. REs take vacation in December and most are closed the last few weeks of the year so that may not be possible.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are you going to cycle? We are also going to cycle in oct or Nov for the first time.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Hi there. You can consult as much as 6 months out and do your pretesting within 6 months before you cycle. You can try and cycle back to back but you have to 1. wait for AF and 2. REs take vacation in December and most are closed the last few weeks of the year so that may not be possible.
    eeps... that makes me nervous! Ok, maybe I need to move up my time frame then! Yikes! What do you think about starting things in June? Do I NEED 6 months? What would be the minimum amount of time I could scrape by with?

I was actually wondering/figuring that the end of December may be a time away from the office for the REs. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to ask the REs I'm considering

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Hi there. You can consult as much as 6 months out and do your pretesting within 6 months before you cycle.
    Oh that gives me another question. Does pretesting only last for 6 months? Meaning, if I did pretesting in May and then cycled in November would I then need to redo testing if I went on for a second cycle outside of the 6 month window?

Thanks for you help NBP

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Possible pink? View Post
    Where are you going to cycle? We are also going to cycle in oct or Nov for the first time.
    I am still trying to figure that out LOL. Actually I am still trying to convince my husband to go for it. Top on my list is actually Dr Potter.

How about you? Are your details all set? What doctor are you seeing?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi serafina - haven't cycled as yet but planning to in May with Dr P. From the experience had so far I could offer the following advice - try not to prebook too much eg. flights unless you have some flexibility with dates and can stay there for a while...best to consult with the RE you are dealing with. I have struggled to get all testing done as had to book holidays with work etc for May and it came close to not being a possiblity as was waiting on AF to return after breastfeeding. I think give yourself at least 2 months to do pretesting and consultation. Not sure where you travelling from or if you are travelling but I hear flights in the later part of the year are more expensive due to Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. Also the Xmas break for RE's as has already been discussed may put a spanner in December plans. As for attempting another cycle - I thought i read somewhere on here that they like you to have a month off between cycling..... I could be wrong. Hope this is of some help to you. Good luck with it all.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going with Dr Potter or Dr Lin both in the same area. Still deciding. My husband signed on but says we get 3 tries and then we are out...He says after that it isn't meant to be which I guess I have to accept and understand! Wow we could be there at the same time. That would be nice for support. Do you mind me asking where you are coming from or are you local CA. We are coming from Pacific NW.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboo View Post
    I think give yourself at least 2 months to do pretesting and consultation.
    Thank you . It definitely helps to hear real world feedback versus hypotheticals. First on the list is convincing my Hubby that this is the way to go. Hopefully after I do that I will have 4-5 months to finalize everything. FX!!

So they booked you to cycle 2 months after your initial consult?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Possible pink? View Post
    I am going with Dr Potter or Dr Lin both in the same area. Still deciding. My husband signed on but says we get 3 tries and then we are out...He says after that it isn't meant to be which I guess I have to accept and understand! Wow we could be there at the same time. That would be nice for support. Do you mind me asking where you are coming from or are you local CA. We are coming from Pacific NW.
    I haven't heard much about Dr Lin. What clinic is he(?) out of?

We are in the same situation... I will probably limit the number of cycles we do as well. At some point I would just have to realize that what I have is perfect for me/us . I was thinking we would do 2 maybe 3 attempts.

We will actually be coming from Texas. Where are you from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast