Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IUI with Spinning for a girl question?????

Hi there......I have 5 boys, no fertility problems, always got pregnant the first month I tried and just did IUI with clomid and a trigger shot, had 3 follicles at time of IUI, 2 collapsing, 1 starting to but did not get pregnant. So, I am waiting for AF to show just stopped progesterone yesterday and gearing up to do this again ONE last time. I have one more time to do this. My doctor thinks I should just do a natural cycle for this next time....so just spinning the sperm and insemination during the latter part of O. OR I can go more aggressive and do a low dose of injectibles for 7-10 days, do trigger again and then spinning and inseminate. The pregnancy rate is higher, but my chance of multiples is higher. I really don't want twins.....I have 5 kids already. Now if I knew they would be twin girls, then maybe but I have a chance of them being twin boys as this is not 100%. I don't know what to do. I was just on all these meds....the doctor said it didn't mess up anything but I am scared now that I tampered too much now and here I am going to do a natural where one egg pops out verses 3 that were there at O time and I didn't even get pregnant. So, I f you were me...what would you do. Just do a natural and pray for the best or take another risk and do injectables at a lower dose and pray for the best!!! Help!!! I really am doing this for a possible girl and not just because I want a baby, although now that I didn't get pregnant, I want to be pregnant!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me, I would go with natural like your doc is recommending!
    How long have you tried to conceive all natural and not HT?
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    iui is known to have about a 10-15% chance of working each try, so going natural will lessen that chance. You need at least 3-4 follies for a good shot at pregnancy.
    HTH

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me I would go injectables!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try natural, but that is just me. I don't want twins after four kids already.
    Love my 4 happy, healthy, handsome boys. Thinking of trying HT for a girl.

Twin boys! My easy to conceive, biggest suprise of my life, pregnancy. I was young then!

Clomid baby

Clomid baby

Cycle #1 at Reproductive Care Center
    Planned SET
    FSH: 11 AMH: 1.16 AFC: 12
    Antagonist: 375 Bravelle stim for 9 days
    ER: 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized
    transferred 1 normal xx hatching blast
    BFP at 6dp5dt -- chem preg

4 more fresh cycles and 4 FETs later...finally pregnant at 39 with a baby girl.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May I ask where you are cycling where there is sperm spinning for gender? Thanks!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any update?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums