Downloads
    Uploads
    chasing after my boys lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I love being crafty! Hobbies include sewing, quilting, crocheting, spinning and dyeing wool, decorating cakes...the list goes on! Other things I love include camping, fly-fishing, riding horses, gardening and sustainable living, reading, researching, and most of all being a birth support person. I love all things birth and baby
    Here is my facebook album with all my creations
    https://www.facebook.com/album.php?f...6&l=09f98a423e
    maybe if a miracle happen ( I feel that's what it takes for me) and I get pregnant and have a son you can make him a very special blanket?!! You are great at this stuff!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    maybe if a miracle happen ( I feel that's what it takes for me) and I get pregnant and have a son you can make him a very special blanket?!! You are great at this stuff!
    Thank you!! I would love to make your son a blankie!!!! I hope you get your little boy!!
    XX
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelpicnic View Post
    Wow!!! Doula, LOVE the cakes!!!! I'm feeling a little inferior in the hobbies department now with you ladies. I'm into cooking, and just realized how much I do love baking also. Love to exercise. I ran a 5k and then just recently ran a 1/2 marathon. I also love to research excessively any interests I happen to be into at the time. I'm so glad to know Purplepoet that there is someone else out there like me that goes to restaurants and guesses the spices and tries to re-creat it. My husband makes fun of me all the time for that! ( but he truly does love it! ) Gardening of course! I love to thrift store shop and I'm obsessed with couponing. My next door neighbor's mom own's a knitting store so she invited me to try one of her classes so, we will see how that goes.
    Thank you The cake thing I just do a few times a year for my kids birthdays...it takes forever to make those cakes!!LOL

Our beautiful is here!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Thank you The cake thing I just do a few times a year for my kids birthdays...it takes forever to make those cakes!!LOL
    I can imagine. My 5yr. old DS will go to Michael's and look and the baking section and see all the cool fondant Kits, and he asks me when we are going to do one of those cakes. I'm very intimidated by them. I figure I could start one on a Friday night and hope to finish by the end of the weekend while my DH is home consistently! Anyhow you inspire me!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!! Or maybe a carrier. hee hee.

~*~*~Thinking Blue~*~*~

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelpicnic View Post
    I can imagine. My 5yr. old DS will go to Michael's and look and the baking section and see all the cool fondant Kits, and he asks me when we are going to do one of those cakes. I'm very intimidated by them. I figure I could start one on a Friday night and hope to finish by the end of the weekend while my DH is home consistently! Anyhow you inspire me!!
    I had zero training- no classes or anything....I just seriously hoped it would turn out(the first one I did). If you really want to make a fondant cake I can tell you what you need, and how to make itIf you buy a premade box of Wilton fondant, it's the easiest to work with. Just have lots of white lard so the fondant doesn't stick to the surfaces of your table, have cut-outs etc that you will use on the fondant. You can heat the fondant up in the microwave for 15 seconds and it's way easier to roll and shape. Buy Wilton gel colouring for it as it won't make the fondant sticky. Make a cake, cover cake with buttercream icing, roll out the fondant, place it and shape it to the cake. Add decorations
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsgirlie22 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!! Or maybe a carrier. hee hee.
    I would love to! Seriously, if you guys ever want me to make anything for you, just PM me!
    XO

Our beautiful is here!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=DoulaMama;26928]I had zero training- no classes or anything....I just seriously hoped it would turn out(the first one I did). If you really want to make a fondant cake I can tell you what you need, and how to make itIf you buy a premade box of Wilton fondant, it's the easiest to work with. Just have lots of white lard so the fondant doesn't stick to the surfaces of your table, have cut-outs etc that you will use on the fondant. You can heat the fondant up in the microwave for 15 seconds and it's way easier to roll and shape. Buy Wilton gel colouring for it as it won't make the fondant sticky. Make a cake, cover cake with buttercream icing, roll out the fondant, place it and shape it to the cake. Add decorations

Thanks Doula!!!!!!, I think I'm going to try it as soon as we get back from our road trip to Texas for my brother's wedding. Cooking and now baking has a calming affect on me. Gives me something else to zone out on with my boys and not just obsessing over SWAYING!!! This tip I'm sure will save us some time!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile

I like to blog......not sure if it is a hobby but I enjoy doing it!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love to read, got a sewing machine for Christmas so I can learn to sew. My new hobby is Partying with ladies while selling Thirty-One. I love the products and it gives me a night out of the house away from my 3 boys. Definitely been a good thing for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast