Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Dolls

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cloth Dolls

I am sewing a few different types of Waldorf dolls... samples with scrap fabric now but later they will be 100% Organic with wool stuffing and hair and a bamboo skin. I want to make them to the normal Waldorf standards... little dot eyes, a straight mouth, natural colors, and simple. I see them for sale online for $100-$600 and I think that is insane but I am wondering what would you pay for an Organic, Wool/Bamboo, Handmade, and Lifesize Newborn Doll.

I don't have any pictures right now but I should have something by the end of the year.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything unique or collectible in the doll world or hand made seems to sell for a decent amount. Anything similar on etsy or eBay? I have been thinking about letting members on here create their own forum and let you administer it yourself- make it private, public, whatever you prefer and I know lots of you make/sell things and I would be happy to help promote. I'd love to see an example of a doll.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have paid way too much for those Kathe Kruse dolls! I bet you could as a decent price.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have decided to stay simple so I can save on the time and keep everything affordable, I hope.... I should have a few dolls made in a few weeks.

8 inch Dolls for NB-18mths... Super simple face, extra soft bodies, and round hands and feet. These are normally called Star Babies because the body is in that shape. I've seen for sale at $40 for non-organic so I will say $20 for 100% cotton. Most likely $40-$50 for organic and wool stuffing.

15 inch Dolls for 2yo+... (one just like Kathe Kruse Lotta 15' Doll) would come with a dress, underclothing, and shoes. $60 for 100% cotton and yarn hair. $100 for organic, wool stuffing, and wool hair.

20 inch Dolls for 4yo+... Just like the 15 one but a little bigger. $75 for 100% cotton and $140 for the organic and wool.

They all will have a handsewn face... no paint, beads, or anything fake.

... I need to find some cheap wool online because it is very expensive!
    Last edited by purplepoet20; October 4th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't you say they were made with bamboo? Or is it some sort of bamboo cloth?

I would like to see them when you have them finished. My DD2 likes dolls.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's an Organic Bamboo fabric (tanish color)... It's so soft I like to go to my sewing room just to feel it I am nuts but it is amazing and I ended up with 10 yards each of the Bamboo Jersey type and a Bamboo Velour. I haven't used them for anything yet because I didn't know what to make with it. When I thought about making a doll that fabric just called to me.... now I dream of my little girl holding it and enjoying how soft the fabric is.

Currently having issues... My OCD has stepped in and is trying to profect my pattern. Hubby isn't helping because he likes the NB pattern and wants me to make it. I really love it but getting the feet right is annoying me. My practice feet look horrible. But I have the head and body just right!
    Last edited by purplepoet20; October 6th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be sweet if you could monogram the doll's body or clothes with the child's initials or let them name her at purchase and sew the doll's name onto her.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It would be sweet if you could monogram the doll's body or clothes with the child's initials or let them name her at purchase and sew the doll's name onto her.
    I love that idea.... naming a baby (doll) is the best part. I have Cabbage Patch dolls that I got when I was 1, 4, 5, and 6 they came with names and I always hated them. My mother also made one for me when I 5 and named it herself, I was more then old enough to name her. I never played with it because I felt no connection. I did rename my other dolls and someday I hope my lil girl will give them a name of her choosing. DS1 calls one of them Calliou because she has no hair.

I would also give the option of including the date of purchase (dolls birthday). I am going to come up with a special symbol that shows they are one of my dolls.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone is wondering...
    Last edited by purplepoet20; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I haven't done any sewing for awhile. DH decided I needed a break and to focus on other things for awhile. He knows I want to change sewing business's so he said I should stop and think about it for awhile.

.... Thought about for long enough. Now that I am prego I would like to focus on something else to get my mind off what I may have done wrong in my sway. I will start working on my doll... the easy one I liked... and soon I should have a picture to show everyone. I may sew a doll pattern I found online that had fingers, toes, and real baby shape but it is a lot of work so I may not sale them because they would have to be hundreds of dollars.

The doll I am going to sale will be made in batches... maybe sew about 50 bodies and then add the faces and hair as they are sold. Each doll will come with 2 outfits and 2 diapers. And they will have my special symbol and a certificate so the new mommy can name the doll after she sees it.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast