Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenic in rice

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    Wow, we eat a LOT of rice in our house, at least every other day. The kids love it, and they're so picky already...
    What about organic rice? Any better?
    Organic was found to have arsenic in it as well. Not sure if the levels are any better than non-organic though. I am very weary of the organic craze. I know a lot of ppl feel organic is best, but I just don't see it.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard that they did testing between organic and non-organic and there was no difference in nutrients and very little difference with pesticides and such. I don't buy into a lot of it either. What i do follow is not buying a ton of processed foods. Eating whole foods is much more important than eating organic in my opinion.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    I heard that they did testing between organic and non-organic and there was no difference in nutrients and very little difference with pesticides and such. I don't buy into a lot of it either. What i do follow is not buying a ton of processed foods. Eating whole foods is much more important than eating organic in my opinion.
    Exactly! I think my sister gave it a bad name for me. She buys only organic, won't give her DDs anything with transfat....but yet she gives them pizza and "organic" juice boxes with 23g of sugar each. I think a lot of ppl are just misinformed.

I have a family member that works in a plant that produces Kosher and non Kosher products and the ingredients are the exact same, except the Kosher goes down a different belt and the price is hiked up at the grocery store. Companies will do anything to make an extra buck!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has to do with soil contamination, I believe. As a crop, rice just soaks it up, so it won't matter if it's organic or not -- it just matters where it was grown. This story first hit when my 2yo was a baby and we stopped rice cereal completely because of it. It still makes me nervous. We are as organic as we can be at my house (my sister thinks we're crazy too, LOL) and it's just another one of those things we stay away from because of the risks.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    Exactly! I think my sister gave it a bad name for me. She buys only organic, won't give her DDs anything with transfat....but yet she gives them pizza and "organic" juice boxes with 23g of sugar each. I think a lot of ppl are just misinformed.

I have a family member that works in a plant that produces Kosher and non Kosher products and the ingredients are the exact same, except the Kosher goes down a different belt and the price is hiked up at the grocery store. Companies will do anything to make an extra buck!
    Yep, organic junk is still junk. It's just pesticide-free junk. A lot of people don't understand that just because it has "organic" stamped on it doesn't make it healthy.

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's babies' first food! What about organic--is that safe? (sorry, haven't read the article yet.) Iquit giving my kids apple juice after that big scare on Dr Oz a few months ago. What is wrong with the FDA??
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So oatmeal is ok?? Sorry if that's already been answered. Scary stuff! I actually switched to a different formula because the one that I was thinking of using had brown rice something in it in place of corn syrup.
    two , going for the cycling with Dr. Lin @ RFC in Irvine!

12 eggs retrieved, 8 mature eggies, 8 fertilized! my baby girl is in there

7/9 - Transferred two girls!! 7/18 - 1st beta @ 9dpt = 207 7/20 - 2nd beta @ 11dpt = 504

8/1 - ONE baby, one hearbeart! 8/12 u/s w Dr. Lin 160

She's here! Born March 2012!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw this today on the news and it sure makes me wonder how the Chinese live so long as it is their main food staple.

That's something to think about too.

I really don't trust our corrupt government in the US..
    Interesting how it was National news and on talk shows too..

Just be careful with the info when it's spread like that.

They were trying to deter vitamins all together not too long ago.

And if I showed you guys what's really going on with McDonalds food, you would hardly want to eat it again.

They add harmful uneccessary things to our food all the time. And we are one of the only countries where GMOs and such aren't required to be labeled.
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; September 21st, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12