Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PEP and baby gender

Hi gang,

Here's a story I wrote for the Sun newspaper in the UK, which was published yesterday. dayleonline.jpg

The full story's here: New mum scarred for life by allergy to her own son | The Sun |News

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is anyone trying gender selection as a means to avoid gender-related complications in pregnancy?
    I'm here to learn; I'm hoping to find out all I can about gender selection, and the personal experiences of inspiring women who are going through the process. Feel free to contact me about anything!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tom,

There are women on here who are doing gender selection for X-linked conditions, but just giving it to ya straight here, I'm not sure how many, if any, will be willing to talk about it to a journalist. There have been some unkind articles written in the past by people who seemed very friendly and supportive, then gutted their subjects in the final story.

I do applaud you for being upfront and open about your identity as a reporter. Good luck.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

That's completely understandable and thanks for the advice. To reassure you and the rest of the mods, I'm not here to impose or deceive, just to listen and learn!

Thanks,
    Tom
    I'm here to learn; I'm hoping to find out all I can about gender selection, and the personal experiences of inspiring women who are going through the process. Feel free to contact me about anything!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shame that I think The Sun is about the worst newspaper - but good you are being up front. (I'm sorry, but it had to be said!)

I only got interested for a purely scientific reason - it's interesting, but I don't think we can have that much power over nature. However, it is interesting as a way to tip the odds if you are trying to balance your family.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***