IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Pregnancy Crisis nobody is talking about

Good article. Your weight during and before pregnancy could potentially affect your child, long-term, including increasing their chances for autism.

The Pregnancy Health Crisis No One's Talking About
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This makes me feel very good now about losing the weight. Before I started the diet I was at a BMI of 26, I am now down to 24.5 and still have 2 months before my attempt so hoping to drop to a 22.

It is soo hard to get that baby weight off especially for first time moms I think because they focus all their attention on the new baby and getting used to everything. I was underweight when I got pregnant with my first and I continuously gained with each subsequent pregnancy and never lost enough weight in between.

Girl or no girl, losing weight to reduce risk of autism is enough reason for me as I already have one kiddo with it.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really interesting - thank you! It will be interesting to see how much weight I gain when I get PG. When DS was conceived I weighed 70kg, just before he was born I weighed 85kg (and he was only 4.3kg of that!) now I weigh 58kg. It only took 3 months to get back to 70kg and that was through breastfeeding, i had no energy to do more than walk around town then. But, even though I weighed the same i had more fat around the middle so thats something I have to watch next time. I carry my extra weight around the middle. I can see how people dont lose the weight when you have a new baby to look after. I was lucky to get back to pre-pregnancy weight quickly through BF but he was a very hungry baby and on the boob every hour for the first 6 weeks!!!

I was also "one of those nutty women" but I dont run or jog I hate that, but I did continue with my exercise routine right up until the birth. I love exercise and my physio supported this. I made amendments at 20 weeks and again at 30 weeks. However my regime was mainly walking, weights, yoga and pilates anyway. My exercise regime is quite different now and yes i will continue to exercise up until the birth again but maybe not an hour of cardio a day

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads