Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ebola

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it must be transmitted easier than is being published. I would be very surprised if this many healthcare workers were not practicing correct hygiene procedures.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I think it must be transmitted easier than is being published. I would be very surprised if this many healthcare workers were not practicing correct hygiene procedures.
    EXACTLY!
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The nurse who traveled when she should have been on quarantine should lose her license. Just ridiculous and selfish she did that.

As far as them contracting with suits on...they admitted the protective wear is basically negated because they breached protocol when taking them off and they weren't full suits either so they were never fully protected.

The fact that the family who was with duncan while he was sick in a small apartment didn't get sick is reassuring.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's amazing how, while treating something so very serious, people are being neglectful like that. Just dumbfounding.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, one would think so but today it was reported that "tape" was involved because they did not have correct gear AND his samples-blood- were sent via the same manner as ALL other patients for testing while in the hospital!! Epic fail by them and the cdc.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am actually not surprised by healthcare providers not practicing correct hygiene procedures. I Used to work in hospitals & nursing homes & there were patients who had many infections, including MRSA in the nares, TB quarantined. THere are a lot of confident healthcare practitioners out there that just think they've been working this long and haven't gotten anything yet, why would they get this disease now? I was actually shocked to see nurses walking into patients rooms without any protective gear (s lot if their excuses were I'm just dropping this off or picking this up. They would walk in and out. But some would actually touch the patient...no gloves. Laziness? Meanwhile it would take me about five minutes to cover myself head to toe. They would ignore me or look at me funny and I would just say I have small kids at home. Just because youre a healthcare worker doesn't mean you're any smarter than the general public, no matter what you're training is.
    Last edited by gizmo77; October 15th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    I am actually not surprised by healthcare providers not practicing correct hygiene procedures. I Used to work in hospitals & nursing homes & there were patients who had many infections, including MRSA in the nares, TB quarantined. THere are a lot of confident healthcare practitioners out there that just think they've been working this long and haven't gotten anything yet, why would they get this disease now? I was actually shocked to see nurses walking into patients rooms without any protective gear (s lot if their excuses were I'm just dropping this off or picking this up. They would walk in and out. But some would actually touch the patient...no gloves. Laziness? Meanwhile it would take me about five minutes to cover myself head to toe. They would ignore me or look at me funny and I would just say I have small kids at home. Just because youre a healthcare worker doesn't mean you're any smarter than the general public, no matter what you're training is.
    1 zillion percent and there are tons of studies that show health care workers do not follow hte necessary protocols the majority of the time (which is why you are told, when you go into the hospital, to remind your health care workers to wash their hands if they don't (!) And let's not forget this WHOLE thing would have been avoided if the hospital would have listened to the dude in the first place when he's saying "I"m from West Africa and have a mysterious fever" instead of sending him home with antibiotics, they could have gotten him to Emory where they are set up to handle it. I mean really, that's a huge glaring medical mistake right there which thankfully no one else seems to have been affected by that one. Probably cost him his life, though.

My understanding is that the nurses in question were doing some procedures that are really super risky and that they didn't even HAVE the right gear to use. So the first nurse, I really don't think has any blame in it even though they're trying to pin it on her. This second nurse I think was extremely selfish in her behavior and I think we should just hope and pray no one else is affected by it - although I sure don't feel like they're being very proactive about it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just really doubt her being on the plane would make anyone else sick. From my research I understand Ebola to a RO-2 meaning for every new case that 1 person only infects up to another 2 people. This is the same Ro as HIV. In comparison something like the measles has a RO-18. It is not as easy to catch ebola as it looks. Those nurses were working directly with vomit and feces and they were full of blood because he was already end stage...when it is most contagious besides being dead. They didn't follow protocol and were not fully protected. Like I said before since nobody in Duncan's family got sick is highly highly unlikely anyone else will besides the healthcare workers who were under-protected. I believe they will be able to contain this even if we see a few more cases. The idea here is to ban flights so we prevent another uncontrolled case from coming in. If we do that than we can hold it out long enough to produce more meds/vaccines which are effective.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Russia got the vaccin already but they say they are testing it. But what do you think about the fact that Germany got 1 case and after 2 weeks that person went home cured! Those people are sooo good in everything!
    A scientist appeared today and said he does researches for 11 years on ebola and he says, he has prooves that ebola has mutations to be transmitted throw air 😳😳😳
    I dont understand WHY they let it kill so many people! I'm sure they can stop it but they dont do it!
    My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234