Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ebola

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ebola

What do you ladies think of the ebola virus here in the U.S.? I'm pretty concerned!!! I'm not sure if it's because I have small children at home or if I have a valid concern. Some nurse in Spain contracted it with a protective suit on. I'm wondering what everyone's option is on the subject.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm scared to death as well. Although it's far away from where we are, it's still in the same country - I'm scared for everyone..all the little kids and animals and us pregnant ladies of course.

I heard on NPR today that the nurse in Spain made the mistake of touching her face through the protective mask which resulted in her contracting ebola. Scary how fast and easily it's spreading. I'm just thankful it's only contagious through direct contact though, otherwise can you imagine the chaos?

As mean as it sounds, I really do think they need to stop all the flights from coming in and going out from W. Africa for the time being. It's only a matter of time before ebola is spread worldwide at this rate
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read that they are finding that it's much more contagious than they originally thought. It's spreading so fast in Africa that's it's scaring me. I agree with you about stopping the flights, keeping them going is putting other countries in danger.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its actually hard 4 the general population in a country such as the us to get ebola. It is spread thru bodily secretions, blood snot etc... and the person has to be symptomatic. It is not air borne, and it wont be spread even if u hug some1 with ebola, aslong as they arent bloody or full of mucus. So as long as u dont go around sharing needles, or hugging bloody mucusy symptomatic ppl u will b fine.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it's not that hard. The deputy that went to Duncan's apartment once he fell ill is now believed to have Ebola.

It's a virus. It's easy to catch just like any other virus. If you are traveling from Liberia, there is a risk you're bringing it to where you are going. People from Liberia aren't just traveling to the US! Ebola- coming to a country near you!!

Seems to me that if we know where it's coming from, it's pretty easy to keep it there until it is under control.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; October 8th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Apparently it's not that hard. The deputy that went to Duncan's apartment once he fell I'll is now believed to have Ebola.

It's a virus. It's easy to catch just like any other virus. If you are traveling from Liberia, there is a risk you're bringing it to where you are going. People from Liberia aren't just traveling to the US! Ebola- coming to a country near you!!
    Seems to me that if we know where it's coming from, it's pretty easy to keep it there until it is under control.
    AGREE!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No its not easy to catch like any other virus. U dont just touch a person with ebola and get the virus. Like i said before u have to come in contact with a symptomatic persons blood or bodily fluids. Do ur research, dont just believe we u hear or see on the news. And it has not been confirmed at sll that the deputy has ebola. He was not feeling well and was told 2 go to the hospital to rule out the possibility because he went into patient 0s home b4 it was decontaminated. There r so many things to b afraid of, so far ebola shouldnt b one of them

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the same as catching a cold- fluids or touching something that someone with ebola has touched because the virus is on their hand. It's the definition of a virus.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whilst I agree that Ebola is a very frightening disease it isn't highly contagious. You have to come into direct contact with bodily fluids from an infected person who is showing symptoms.
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum3 View Post
    Whilst I agree that Ebola is a very frightening disease it isn't highly contagious. You have to come into direct contact with bodily fluids from an infected person who is showing symptoms.
    Right. Same as any virus! I agree that I am not in eminent danger but this thing is nasty and there seems to be no way to control it at the moment. Allowing people to fly from there that HAVE come into contact with it like the gentleman that just died- he helped carry a pregnant woman to a car that was infected(they did not know it) 4 days before he came to the US- ALL the people that "helped" her are dead or have ebola. They didn't have to let her sneeze in their mouths- simply touching something she has previously touched could have given them the virus. The flu isn't easy to get either but it sure spreads like wild fire each year!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast