Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Human error is always going to exist when it comes to ultrasounds. One doc cited 95% certainty only and thats because a human being still has to read them. Sites like this to get multiple opinions as well as the opinions on the scans from different techs at different times help you get the most accurate picture. Don't take too much stock in the commentary from users of that site either. Remember its a huge all over the world sample size like this site is. You wouldn't see as many twins as we get on this site just in your home state. If we saw this womans ultrasound who knows we'd either say too close to call or maybe they were just way wrong.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if she was initially disappointed that it was a second girl, I think that even when you start off without a preference and are told something, think about that for 5 months, get used to it, it's going to be like the "death of a dream" really. (I had no gender preference when I got pg with my 3rd boy, it was only after all the OWT and stuff indicated girl that I developed one, and I"d imagine an ultrasound would be a zillion times worse) She said something like "everything we have is pink" and I thought Oh gosh, I can't even imagine having to do alll that work right when you come home with a new baby. I'm sure she'd washed it all and prob. couldn't return any of it, either. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the comments apparently the stores let her return/exchange pretty much everything, even though she'd washed it. Very nice of them!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes Nahri, atomic sagebrush, foxymrsg liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a lady who was told boy, & ended up with a girl. It was terrible - blue nursery, blue EVERYTHING, & a dad in the armed forces who already had a daughter & was desperate for a son. It was horrible.
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought she seemed disappointed, too. But she didn't necessarily prefer a 2 girl family. She may have just gotten attached to what she thought she was having. The rest of her family seemed overjoyed and whoever she was Facetiming said "you got your little man" which made it sound like she wanted a boy. The dad seemed elated.
    as much as I wanted a little girl, I think after imagining a little boy, two brothers and buying everything for a boy, it would have been almost like a loss for the child we thought we were having.

I think this rarely happens in this day and age. A lot of those people saying it happened to them were much older with adult children.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely pink_bean - although I have a "failed" sway baby I would now fall to pieces if this baby turned out to be a girl. I'm so attached to my little guy, & the thought of being an all-boy mum. I would be devastated. Of course I would get past it but I would certainly grieve for our little boy.
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

10. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes pink_bean liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and that's what I meant to have said but did not say as eloquently as you.

12. Likes PrimalMamma liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12