Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hadn't been following the new up until now, but what were the earlier hints that it was a girl?
    Loving my wonderful twin DS ('09) and now my beautiful HT DD ('13).

IVF/PGD at HRC in Nov 2012: 23 retrieved, 22 fertilized, 20 to Natera day 5, 18 normals (7 XX). Froze due to risk of OHSS.

FET #1 Jan 2013: transferred 1XX, BFN
    FET #2 March 2013: transferred 1XX, BFP!!!
    Perfect baby girl born in Nov 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana-Alicia View Post
    Are you my long lost twin sister? Do we have the same family? This is so spot on for me as well! I get hyperemesis with every pregnancy, I would vomit constantly. And SPD to cripple me. The first thing in my mind with both boy pregnancies: oh no I must go through this again for a girl! And my husband is now watching transformers downstairs with the boys and I'm cleaning upstairs (ok and occasionally looking on the laptop to check the forum ) We have to work so hard to 'even things out' and others just get it. I'm happy for Kate, I bet she was hoping for a girl. But somehow people with a PP are so smug!
    Lol I feel less alone now I AM delighted for her, really I am. It must be so difficult living her life now under a microscope and I can appreciate how hard that must be....still, my green eyed monster can't seem to let go lol. DH says I have him driven mad all weekend, I really am in flying form!!

I write a blog (well, attempt to anyway, I haven't in about a month with one thing or another!) And I swear some day I will write about the horror that is GD in an effort to shine a light on it! It's such a taboo subject whenever it is mentioned in a group of women. I am joined to a mother's FB group, we all had our kids within 6 months of each other and its always the boy mothers who guilt trip anyone showing any kind of desire for a daughter. Probably their own guilt bubbling to the surface but I hate all this mother shaming that goes on. That's what I love about this site, there none of that nonsense. Everyone is accepting and understanding! When I heard about Kate having her DD yesterday I immediately thought "Bet there will be a thread on GD and I can relax knowing I am normal and not alone!" Lol. So thanks for that ladies x
    2012 2014 2016

3. Likes Dana-Alicia liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by peonymama View Post
    I hadn't been following the new up until now, but what were the earlier hints that it was a girl?
    There was a story a while back that she was browsing in the pink girly section of some store or other. I dunno if there were other hints though, that's all that springs to mind.
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by peonymama View Post
    She wore more pink than usual I think. And they were handing out crescents in a white box white a pink ribbon around it. Pretty obvious that last one, they might as well tell everyone beforehand.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    Lol I feel less alone now I AM delighted for her, really I am. It must be so difficult living her life now under a microscope and I can appreciate how hard that must be....still, my green eyed monster can't seem to let go lol. DH says I have him driven mad all weekend, I really am in flying form!!

I write a blog (well, attempt to anyway, I haven't in about a month with one thing or another!) And I swear some day I will write about the horror that is GD in an effort to shine a light on it! It's such a taboo subject whenever it is mentioned in a group of women. I am joined to a mother's FB group, we all had our kids within 6 months of each other and its always the boy mothers who guilt trip anyone showing any kind of desire for a daughter. Probably their own guilt bubbling to the surface but I hate all this mother shaming that goes on. That's what I love about this site, there none of that nonsense. Everyone is accepting and understanding! When I heard about Kate having her DD yesterday I immediately thought "Bet there will be a thread on GD and I can relax knowing I am normal and not alone!" Lol. So thanks for that ladies x
    Yes to all of that! To be honest though, I do get a lot of women opening up to me somehow. I never made it a secret I would love a girl next time (always in a joking way though and I'm quick to say I would love another boy of course). And a lot of women tell me they feel the same. Most of my friends have all boys and they all say they would love a girl as well. Makes me feel less alone. But I do think I'm extreme in my desires for a DD, I blame it on losing my DD but maybe I would have felt this way even if I never had her. I'm prone to depressions and tend to overthink everything. I am also happy for Kate, but it has put extra pressure on all of us. Look how perfect she is? Look how imperfect we are? But I won't let it get me down anymore, I'm one proud mama and nobody says anything negative (anymore) because I show pride and selfesteem about myself but mostly my family. Took me years to get there, but I'm almost at peace now. Just need that one (or two, haha my DH says I'm pushing it) girls and my life will seriously be perfect. I really do hope we will all achieve that some day soon!!!

7. Likes True Blue, hopper, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you more pink dust than you know what to do with Dana
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

9. Thanks Dana-Alicia thanked for this post
    Likes Adia liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Wishing you more pink dust than you know what to do with Dana
    Thanks! And all my blue dust coming your way!

11. Thanks True Blue thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They've given her a name, and it's very pretty too. For some reason, that has really poked the green eyed monster inside me.

I've had names for my future daughter in my head for over a decade.

I get the sense that people actually care a lot less about this baby's birth than they did about George, if they even cared at all. I'm definitely blowing it up in my mind as a bigger deal than it is to most people, because getting a girl after a boy is such a trigger for me, and also I've just had a m/c.

I definitely feel a connection to moms who have little boys and I sort of felt this with Kate as a high profile example (although I honestly don't care about the royal family at all in general) but it's just another "boy mom" in an ever growing list who is suddenly no longer a "boy mom" and gets to join the exclusive "other side".
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

13. Likes Dana-Alicia liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's living a fairy tale that's for sure. Love the names too. The fact that she walked out of the hospital 9 hours after giving birth looking that way makes it even more of a real life fairy tale! I'm sure as lovely as her life is it's filled with lots of BS too.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

15. Likes Dana-Alicia, Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah totally. Love the names, love how she looked, love how she was glowing and the little girls hat and blanket, so precious. And yet it stabs me in the heart to know I may not get to experience that feeling, that happy glow, that big smile because she has a perfect pp now. She's no superwoman and it must be very hard to always keep up that part, especially when you feel like crap after just having a human being squeezed through your vajayjay. That's what I tell myself though because it's just too much happiness and rainbow shitting unicorns all over the place. Where's our unicorn?! Let him come have a shit in our yard!

17. Likes XXforhubby, Dreamofpink liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123