Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have had 10 kids if life & DH would have let me but big roadblocks like infertility, divorce, job loss, etc kept getting in my way.

I grew up in a large family and relate well to the older Duggar girls as I was the second mama to my siblings....I am glad I was able to help raise them but I had no idea how to just take care of me when I went off to college.

Their are pros and cons to all of it. If I could raise 10 kids according to my standard of raising kids, I would, but it's just not possible.
    Last edited by Adia; May 17th, 2015 at 10:41 PM.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband just said "if we have another, does that mean we're stopping there? Bc if you want to that's fine, but if you did want more that's fine too" JACKPOT! Lol I love this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

3. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    My husband just said "if we have another, does that mean we're stopping there? Bc if you want to that's fine, but if you did want more that's fine too" JACKPOT! Lol I love this man.
    LUCKY DUCK Hitmebabyonemoretime!...I have tried teasing DH about one more baby and he has started saying to me "you'll have to have your next kid with someone else because I am DONE!"

My Gender Dreaming

5. Likes Mumof3girls liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahahahahha!!! Well, who knows, maybe he'll change his tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

7. Likes Adia liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    LUCKY DUCK Hitmebabyonemoretime!...I have tried teasing DH about one more baby and he has started saying to me "you'll have to have your next kid with someone else because I am DONE!"
    My DH used to say that to me after dd2 & I manged to talk him into a failed sway & finally talked him into 2 HT Cycles after we agreed on one cycle.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

9. Likes Adia liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a somewhat old thread but I find it funny... not so much "haha" funny, more ironic. I can kinda sympathize with the comments this family must get and we only have 2 living children! Growing up I had a great aunt I never met and a neighbor down the road, one with a dozen boys and one with a baker's dozen. Both kept trying for a girl and that is how they ended up with so many. When we told my grandma (dad's side) that we were going to be trying... she wasn't supportive TBH. She kept saying that if we didn't get our girl we were just going to keep trying like they did. After we lost our angel girl she asked if we were going to try again and I told her that, pending test results, yes we planned to try again. She was like "And if it's a boy are you going to try again?" I love her to death but I gotta admit the comments are irritating the fire outta me.

Anyway, if as a PP said life allowed (and finances), I would love to have 5 living children. Hubby and I talked kids long before we were even engaged and we both agreed that 5 would be a good number, but we also agreed that financially 3 was probably smarter. Actually hubby wants "a baseball team" lol, but no. No thanks lol. The two I have drive me nuts at times lol. I couldn't imagine THAT many kids.. I'd lose my mind lol. The plan is to stop after one more but honestly a part of me isn't sure I am ready to close and lock that door, regardless of whether we get boy or a girl. BUT when I dreamed of having 3 I said I wanted 2 boys and a girl. I actually wanted boy, girl, boy(to avoid the middle child syndrome thing. The boys would be the oldest and the baby of the family and the girl would be one of a kind )... but whatever, lol. I have the two boys... just need the girl now.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

11. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime, kitkat18 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi twointwo, that was my dream family too! B, G, B. The comments are awful arn't they and so hurtful. Even though I got DG I still get stupid comments like I bet you are so happy you got a girl and now you can stop having kids as you got your girl which makes me feel like my boys are not as cherished. Arrrggghh!!! X
    Last edited by kitkat18; June 20th, 2015 at 02:16 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 5 boys and everyone always gasps when I say 5. n then when they hear theyr all boys I get the comments..oo you poor thing..how do u cope with being the only female...ooo n I love this one ( its a pity cause ur such a girly girl I bet u would have loved a girl but you obviously gonna stop now after 5) but like alot of women on here my older two have moved out so its only 3 and now theyr all in school..I do find holidays stressfull but i see families with two kids being more stressed out. me n my hubby both work and the boys get everything they need so i dont see the problem.apart from all the washing our 6th baby will be our last though.. well maybe lol xxx

14. Likes atomic sagebrush, Bettybleu liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat18 View Post
    Hi twointwo, that was my dream family too! B, G, B. The comments are awful arn't they and so hurtful. Even though I got DG I still get stupid comments like I bet you are so happy you got a girl and now you can stop having kids as you got your girl which makes me feel like my boys are not as cherished. Arrrggghh!!! X
    That is awful! I am sorry to hear that! How many do you have? In my case, yes I've been preg 4 times and going #5, BUT I only have 2 livng children so I just don't get the fuss... esp from my grandma! She had 4! *shrug* All I can figure is it's because of my the 2 women I mentioned before and several ppl in my family tends to have big families in general. Either way I don't get it. In my book 3 kids isn't a big family, and the way I see it- I don't care if you want to be the next duggar family. If that is what you want and you can afford it then go for it! Ya know? I just don't understand how or why people seem to think they have a say in the number of kids you have. They aren't the one raising them or footing the bill so it's really no ones business. Sorry, kinda got off on a rant there lol.
    Last edited by twointow83; June 21st, 2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveboys View Post
    I have 5 boys and everyone always gasps when I say 5. n then when they hear theyr all boys I get the comments..oo you poor thing..how do u cope with being the only female...ooo n I love this one ( its a pity cause ur such a girly girl I bet u would have loved a girl but you obviously gonna stop now after 5) but like alot of women on here my older two have moved out so its only 3 and now theyr all in school..I do find holidays stressfull but i see families with two kids being more stressed out. me n my hubby both work and the boys get everything they need so i dont see the problem.apart from all the washing our 6th baby will be our last though.. well maybe lol xxx
    Lol, loving the "well maybe" hahahaha. You must be a very calm person to not say anything back. No one has had the sac to come out and actually say that I "must be done" yet. So far I still get "so are you planning to have any more?" some are sincere, those are usually the ones in my inner circle which have been asking in regards to my recent loss and they are mostly cheering me on, but most have this look on there face when they say it that I can't quite explain... almost like they know what they want to hear and want to see if I "answer right", lol. The rest just assume because my youngest is 5 that we are done (I'm guessing. They don't ask so I figure that is what they think). Did I plan for my youngest to be 5 and starting over? Not really, I think it actually worked out well, but no it wasn't planned. I just always said I didn't want two in diapers at the same time (barring twins) and my boys are high functioning autistic and both didn't potty train until around 4 and a half. Anyway, people and their opinions can be so annoying sometimes.
    Our family is complete

17. Likes fiveboys, kitkat18, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast