Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Floods in australia - a bit of a sad article

For those who don't know Australia is struggling with massive and severe flood in the north.

Ok so I feel compelled to share this though it's a bit sad.
    Dh told me about how a little boy wanted his brother saved first which he was but then before he could be saved himself he was washed away. And when I first read I wondered how a parent could watch their child be taken down a river surely you would just jump in. Well anyway turns out the mother gets taken with her son.

I criedso much. I suppose they just deserve somesort of recognition. For being a mum who couldn't let her son die without doing everything. Here come my tears again.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-d...-1225986648911

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the flood online but it hasn't really gotten that much attention so I was curious how big of an impact it really was. So sad.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read about the boy in the newspaper, it its terrible.. They are talking about the flood on the news all the time, I hope you and other ladies from Australia are ok..

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is awful. I had heard of the floods but I didnt realise the extent of them. (I dont really watch the news). My nana told me this story yesterday, she was in tears, almost had everyone else in tears too.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An absoloute nightmare. My boys are 3 & 1 yo, and its just so scary to imagine being in that horrific situation yourself, let alone trying to get your kids to safety.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I saw the flood online but it hasn't really gotten that much attention so I was curious how big of an impact it really was. So sad.
    I live in the UK and our news channels have been reporting on the Queensland floods every hour, on the hour (as with the other world flooding atm). I find your comment very interesting, NBP. I do believe American news channels are very insular in terms of broadcasting world events, this is particularly true of "morning" news shows. I get that there has been the shooting, which I assume has been the number one news headline, however, with my experience of popular American television, it is very much about what is happening in the US. Everything else (the rest of the world) comes later.
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are lots of Aussies in uk which could explain why they talk about what happens here there.

I've only ever been to the states once when I was 10 so I don't remember much. But here in oz we certainly hear about every shooting which happens in the states. Sounds frightening.