IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fertility Lab Insider

One of my favorite IVF blogs as of late is Carole Wegner's Fertility Lab Insider- Lessons learned from over fifteen years of working inside fertility labs.

http://fertilitylabinsider.com/

Her blog posts and informative and entertaining at the same time! From her website-

Carole Wegner, PhD is a board certified High Complexity Laboratory Director (HCLD) who has directed several fertility labs since 1995 in Pennsylvania and Indiana. Since January 2010, she has been self-employed as a medical writer and President of Zygote Science, LLC, a consulting company for IVF labs.

She has also published scientific publications about basic reproductive research, clinical research and reproductive ethics in various peer-reviewed journals. She lives with her husband, two children, one Greyhound, two cats and two tanks full of tropical fish in the Midwest. When she is not obsessing about all things to do with fertility, she is planning her next water adventure.

She has some great posts on general IVF and in 2010 her blog was named Top 40 Infertility Blogs award by Medical Billing and Coding.

I have subscribed to her feed and to help promote her blog to the community, I ask that you do the same if you see fit since she has generously agreed to pop in from time to time and answer our IVF/embryology questions.

Specific PGD/FISH or GSN analysis questions should still be directed to Dr Potter but general embryology questions or IVF- ask away!

Carole now has an eBook out!
    FLIeBook.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QOB7Z8

Sha has reorganized the best blog posts into an ebook to make it easier to find information you need. She has also added some new material in a Patient Tools chapter- questions for your doctor, IVF lab procedure codes to communicate with your insurance company, a glossary and photo gallery of embryos. If you download the book to your computer or to an e-reader that supports internet surfing, you can use all the links in the book to find supplemental information.

You can buy the book from Amazon: Fertility Lab Insider | http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QOB7Z8 . She has not enabled digital rights management so if you buy it once, you can use it on multiple devices- for example, iphone and computer. No ereader? No problem, Amazon offers a free app to allow you to read ebooks on your PC or Mac.

If you think my blog and book are helpful, please let your friends know. If you have any questions, suggestions for improvement or anything else, I would love to hear from you. I also wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me and my blog in what has been a difficult year. Your interaction and involvement with my "virtual workplace" makes the blog better and means a lot to me. - Carole
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; March 9th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums