Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Better to do a 5 day Fresh Transfer or a FET later?

I am doing my one and only try at HT gender selection. My clinic does a microarray CGH at day 5 biopsy and they are now offering a fresh transfer as well as any biopsy of day 6 embryos (with a double shipping fee of course). I am not so much interested in a shipping fee as I am trying to find out if the chances are better of a day 5 fresh transfer if possible or a FET at a later date?

I know FET are statistically better due to the opportunity to get the endometrial lining more in sync with preparation for implantation. However, I also realize the 95% success rate of an embryo surviving the thaw.

I only have one shot at this, so I am thinking of telling them that if there are at least 2 normal females to do the fresh transfer while freezing one, and if there are none on day 5 then do no transfer with the hopefulness of being able to biopsy and freeze something on day 6. What do you think from a success standpoint?

I am 38 with the following:
    AMH: 0.32
    AFC: 10
    TSH: 2.05
    FSH: 7.7
    Married to my High School Sweetheart.
    14 10 3 and our miracle (3/7/16)

Last sway for ended with a beautiful baby .

Surprise BFP Sept 2013...Ended in (D&C 11/19/13 - No HB at 11 weeks)
    Tried each month with no success at pregnancy on our own from 12/13-9/14. Moved on with RE.

IUI #1 with Injectables 10/17/14 = BFN at 14 DPIUI
    IUI #2 with Injectables 11/14/14 = BFN at 11 DPIUI

FET "Baby Stella" 3/17/15 = BFP betas 22,44,51,52...CP :

Donor Embryo Attempt 2 - FET 7/10/15 - BFP!!

Betas...10 p5dt = 177
    12 dp5dt = 534 (30.1 hours doubling time!)
    14 dp5dt = 1339 (36.2 hours doubling time!)
    17 dp5dt = 3993 (45.7 hours doubling time!)
    21 dp5dt = 5839 (175 hours doubling time)...trying to be positive...HRC suggested that both implanted and one didn't make it...had pink spotting on 19dp5dt please don't leave us yet little one.
    23 dp5dt = 12,292!
    28 dp5dt = 29,504
    1 Beautiful seen at 6w3d (measuring 6w1d) 123 bpm! Heartbeat seen again at 8w3d 180 bpm!
    Anatomy Scan at 17 weeks shows a happy and healthy little girl!

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." Virginia Satir

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your approach is reasonable- transferring 2 fresh normals.

I have some reservations about the fresh day 5 biopsy, 24 hr turnaround and day 6 ET. We used it a few times, and almost immediately had a case in which the 24 hr turnaround didn't happen because of shipping issues (cancelled or delayed flights) and then we had an ageing embryo on day 5 with no genetic info and had to freeze anyway.

Assuming your lab has good vitrification skills- I like the idea of getting all the embryos biopsied- even if it happens over two days- getting your results on ALL your embryos and being able to choose among the whole set, not just the half or less from day 5--even though you have to wait a month for transfer. If you don't feel good about the lab freezing (but 95% success rate with thawing is not bad). Of course, since you are only selecting for gender, getting partial results in not a big deal. If you were trying to avoid a genetic disease, having partial results- only from the first day biopsy is a bigger problem.

Wishing you the best of luck , whatever you decide!
    Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Beans626 View Post
    I am doing my one and only try at HT gender selection. My clinic does a microarray CGH at day 5 biopsy and they are now offering a fresh transfer as well as any biopsy of day 6 embryos (with a double shipping fee of course). I am not so much interested in a shipping fee as I am trying to find out if the chances are better of a day 5 fresh transfer if possible or a FET at a later date?

I know FET are statistically better due to the opportunity to get the endometrial lining more in sync with preparation for implantation. However, I also realize the 95% success rate of an embryo surviving the thaw.

I only have one shot at this, so I am thinking of telling them that if there are at least 2 normal females to do the fresh transfer while freezing one, and if there are none on day 5 then do no transfer with the hopefulness of being able to biopsy and freeze something on day 6. What do you think from a success standpoint?

I am 38 with the following:
    AMH: 0.32
    AFC: 10
    TSH: 2.05
    FSH: 7.7