Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

unique situation: my embryos were frozen BEFORE biopsy

So I'm in an odd situation. My clinic, in a nutshell, forgot I'm doing Gender Selection.

The plan was to do 2 rounds...bank the embryos, then send to Reprogenetics for testing... However they froze my 4 embryos (5 day blasts) without doing a biopsy.

So now I'm about to begin my second round, and I suppose the plan is (from what I understand) to thaw batch A--biopsy them--biopsy batch B as well--then send them all for testing together. Then do the rushed one day turnaround...and a fresh transfer, providing I have a normal XX in the bunch.

Does it sound like there is potential to sync all of this? I'm fairly sure vitrification was used to freeze, so I'm hoping my embryos are not compromised.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    2011 2014 born on Mother's day, passed away at 7 mos on 12-18-14

Hoping to have another daughter....My heart longs to raise a daughter in this lifetime...

Me:37 Hubby:41 He has "very high count" I have low AMH 0.5

Cycle #1 June 2015: 4 follicles, 2 retrieved, zero fertilized, big fat flop.

Cycle #2 July 2015: 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 grade 1 blasts on ice to be batched w my upcoming September 2015 cycle.

Cycle #3 September 2015: 9 R, 9 M, 6 fert, 4 grade one blasts
    FET 11-07-15 BFP HB seen 6weeks

HT Baby Girl born 7-21-16

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bbwywy View Post
    So I'm in an odd situation. My clinic, in a nutshell, forgot I'm doing Gender Selection.

The plan was to do 2 rounds...bank the embryos, then send to Reprogenetics for testing... However they froze my 4 embryos (5 day blasts) without doing a biopsy.

So now I'm about to begin my second round, and I suppose the plan is (from what I understand) to thaw batch A--biopsy them--biopsy batch B as well--then send them all for testing together. Then do the rushed one day turnaround...and a fresh transfer, providing I have a normal XX in the bunch.

Does it sound like there is potential to sync all of this? I'm fairly sure vitrification was used to freeze, so I'm hoping my embryos are not compromised.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    Hi bbwywy,
    So some clinics do the freeze, then biopsy at thaw with quick turn around PGS routinely so it is a strategy that can work. I would want to know how much experience they have with the lab offering the 24 hr turn-around assay. In my labs, I have been burned a couple of times when the 24 hr turn-around wasn't met due to flight delays or lab issues in the testing lab and then your embryos are out in culture post-thaw longer than is ideal. So I would want to know if this quick turnaround is a test they do routinely or something they are trying out because they goofed and forgot the biopsy in your case. If it is the latter, I think they owe you something- maybe a free thaw and transfer cycle or some other discount. If they used vitrification, your embryos can probably tolerate re-freeze if the lab results are delayed. You also might want to ask them what they plan to do if the 24 hr turn-around does not happen as promised? are they comfortable re-freezing your batch A embryos and freezing your batch b embryos until they get the results back? This might be the least stressful approach for you and does not require the lab to deliver 24 hr results. I think you are not out of the game yet so be hopeful! Good Luck with whatever you decide!! Carole

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, bbwywy thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I appreciate it!
    2011 2014 born on Mother's day, passed away at 7 mos on 12-18-14

Hoping to have another daughter....My heart longs to raise a daughter in this lifetime...

Me:37 Hubby:41 He has "very high count" I have low AMH 0.5

Cycle #1 June 2015: 4 follicles, 2 retrieved, zero fertilized, big fat flop.

Cycle #2 July 2015: 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 grade 1 blasts on ice to be batched w my upcoming September 2015 cycle.

Cycle #3 September 2015: 9 R, 9 M, 6 fert, 4 grade one blasts
    FET 11-07-15 BFP HB seen 6weeks

HT Baby Girl born 7-21-16