Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any Melbourne IVF girls who have gone to HRC

I am a Melbourne IVF patient and am hoping to do my next cycle at HRC.
    Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if they have any advice for me. I have called my fertility doc and they were not overly helpful in getting my records. I am now waiting for MIVF to call me back.
    Also wondering if my IVF doc at MIVF would be involved at all in the process eg doing ultrasounds or the saline Hystogram or ordering Meds??
    Any advise is appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well we are all sorted to cycle with Dr Potter at HRC and planning an August egg collection. Also sending over our 5 frozen embryos so hopefully we have 1 or 2 to transfer.
    Is anyone else going to be at HRC in August this year?
    Anyone sent frozens to HRC. I am about to arrange the transfer so would love advice.
    Thanks
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Vicky, since you are a dream member, you are probably better off posting in the private section, more people read it and respond a lot don't go here cause of the privacy.

I know of one person in the process of sending embies to HRC and I know a couple who have sent some home here.

Good luck!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Vickyyaust, we are cycling in August at HRC!!
    10 7 5 3

Cycle #1 - HRC in August 2012 10 Eggs retrieved, 8 to biopsy, 5 XX and 2 XY, only 1 healthy XX and one healthy XY. Transferred 1 XY. 1st BETA 607 2nd BETA 1970. Heatbeat seen on ultraound 24/9. 2 Heartbeats seen at second ultrasound! Holy Moly, it's split! We are having identical twins!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Vickyaust

I have just become a member and saw your post... I have been to HRC twice and also used melb ivf. They were extremely helpful with everything, meds, ultrasounds and support, couldnt recommended them more highly..Good luck with your journey!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5gorgeousboys View Post
    Hi Vickyaust

I have just become a member and saw your post... I have been to HRC twice and also used melb ivf. They were extremely helpful with everything, meds, ultrasounds and support, couldnt recommended them more highly..Good luck with your journey!
    Hi 5gorgboys...
    Welcome to the site! It is amazing and do supportive? You said you have cycled twice at hrc, are you planning to go again? Were they NT or BFN and do you have any frozen embryos there for FET? Just curious about your experience as I plan to go there in Oct. thx and welcome again! Ps: the member section is super duper helpful! Best $12 I ever spent :-)
    Cycle 1 HRC: Amh: 2.74 FSH:26, 14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, fertilized and biopsied. 5 normals: 3xx and 2xy transferred 1xx HB(bb) on day 5
    POAS 5dpt = BFP!!! Beta 1: 10dpt=189 beta 2: 13dpt=815 beta 3: 15dpt=1786. Ultrasound at 6 wks 5 days showed HB of 119.
    Ultrasound at 8wks 4 days showed a HB of 173. Materni21 Results at 12 wks 1 day: 98% sure girl and 99% sure baby does not have chromosomal abnormality!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi viv

I will look into the members section, I havent really had a chance to look around the site, thanks for the advice!
    my first time at HRC was in Jan, I had 2 ET which resulted in a chemical, I went back in May and had a BFN from a single transfer. I have none frozen...I dont think I would go back to where I went again (we used the Encino clinic) its all just such a huge expense and we cant really afford the time away at this stage..I am currently considering taking my chances with PGD in Oz..
    If I can suggest to you to make sure you get all your meds and any extras you may need over here and travel with them, they are a great deal cheaper here!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI Sorry to jump in but I am from SYD and considering going to HRC for PGD. VickyAust you said you are a Melb IVF patient and you are sending over embryos, were you able to do this because you have pre-existing fertility issues or can anyone do this?

Also I have my phone consult with Dr potter on tuesday, how soon were you able to schedule your visit to HRC after your consultation?

Thanks and good luck

Also 5gorgeousboys PGD in Oz?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting, I think she is able to send them over cause she used ivf for infertility and had frozen ones she was going to send to be tested. Just wanted to let you know different states have different rules, but from Sydney you can not ship out your embryos to other countries or states. You can however ship your embryos home.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Glory, Thanks for replying,

hmm this is really interesting I wonder if I could go interstate to cycle and then send embryos to the US. I have heard you can send them back for local implantation which is great.

I have no fertility issues but just trying to think of ways we could save money if we did need to do it more than once.

wish microsort was still an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast