Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is best for PGD?

Hi Everyone
    I am new to writing on this forum although I have been reading posts for some months.
    I have 2 gorgeous boys and would so love to have a daughter. My husband and I are thinking of trying IVF/PGD to conceive a daughter early next year. We are based in East Africa and are wondering where best to go for the treatment. We had thought Bangkok but I don't see many positive posts on the forum? Any ideas on where best to go? Money is an issue but I would prefer to pay a bit more and hanve a higher chance of success and friendly/ approachable doctors than go for the cheapest option but little chance of success.
    I just turned 37 both my boys were conceived easily and naturally although I see that doesn't necessarily mean IVF will work for me.
    Anyway any advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. There are some International options- Prague has a center, Genesis in South Cyprus and the USA of course.

You are missing all of the HT talk though because most people post in the Member section. If you become a Dream Member, you can access the previous Cycle Diaries and all of the HT talk. There is an International Dutch group that posts in the non-member section but the rest of us are in the Private HT forum! I hope you will join us!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for my question but I am new on this forum (and on forums !!!). What do you mean by "being a member" ? I am registered is it enough ? Or being a member is only when you pay ? do you think it worth it ?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ROSCAR- you are a Dream Member so you have access to the member IVF forums. Yes, it is worth it.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I understood what is dream member and paid for it !
    in fact what I need to know (as many of us) is : "where is the best for PGD ?" I had big hopes in **** but right now I think their testing method is old. It appears that Dr Potter from HRC is the best, what do you think ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I had the choice of Dr Potter or ****, I would take Dr Potter, or even Genesis.

Lots of things factor in when trying to find a clinic, but most from Europe would choose either HRC or Genesis.

Genesis, is closer, cheaper and a nice holiday and he has the sperm sort, but has the cons of probably needing more cycles, a one cycle fits all approach and their outdated testing techniques (which would lead to more transfers but less positives).

HRC is a more costly adventure, but most will bring home their baby after 2 cycles (I say most, a lot are OHW and some take longer), they test all chromosomes and have a higher chance of a BFP.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I'm new and trying to decide between Genesis and ****, I find it very interesting reading all this information about the different clinics. I just wish I had the money for HRC but its way to expensive if we need to go a couple of times.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink rose View Post
    Hi I'm new and trying to decide between Genesis and ****, I find it very interesting reading all this information about the different clinics. I just wish I had the money for HRC but its way to expensive if we need to go a couple of times.
    Make sure you look into the success rates and consider that against the costs. HRC might cost more but their success rates are higher. Especially against Genesis as HRC test for all 24 chromosomes. I cycle at HRC and cant recommend Dr Potter highly enough. Good luck.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April