Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need your help- PGD 24 day 3- transfer fresh 5- HT Family Balancing

Hi Girls!!

I finally found a place that I love in NYC, called Sirm. The Dr. Tortoriello was so warm and really spent a lot of time and answered all my 25 questions. He believes in using GSN on day 3.He also thinks that I should test for PGD 24, and re-test any false embryos are day 5, but he believes very strongly in day 5 transfer.
    I can also have the option at this clinic for GSN Day 5- FET, but with that being said he feels I will be missing my "peak day", but not doing a fresh transfer on day 5.
    I know a lot of friends who did not do PGD, but did a transfer on day 5 and are pregnant today.
    He told me his office has the most success with day 5 fresh & until their is proven facts that day 5 is more successful, that I shouldn't read what I find on the internet.

He also suggested, since I ovulate for me to do a "Natural FET". I of course like that idea, and I have read a lot of success stories. He did say he would give me a shot the day of transfer. I have read some girls get pregnant quickly this way. What are you thoughts?

I need your help girls! I am 35. I am fertile. I have a 2 year old healthy boy. I want to do this either in FEB or March next year. I am doing this only for gender. I want a healthy baby girl. I have been to 9 different doctors and I want to make a decision. Sirm is the only doctor who does family balancing in NYC, that I know of that does do GSN. He also was so confident in his decision that he didn't make me nervous anymore. I felt comfortable with him, the same way Dr. Braverman attitude was. Also, Dr. Braverman believes in day 3 testing as well. I know Dr. Potter believes in day 3 Natera and day 5 fresh transfer. I know times are changing, but in September 2012, he wrote he would still choose Day 3 GSN over Day 5 acgh. or GSN.

These are Dr. Potter thoughts-
    The weakness of Natera day 3 is that due to mosaicism, some embryos that are not normal will be normal with day 5 biopsy. Because Natera is detecting abnormalities that aCGH does not, the advantage of day 5 aCGH is mitigated. Ultimately, I think that Natera day 3 and aCGH on day 5 are similar and we in fact use both. I also think that ultimately day 5 Natera will prove to be the gold standard when it become available because it will offer the advantages of both Natera and day 5.

The Natera technology is extremely accurate on day 3 with not one gender opposite. aCGH has trouble with the small chromosomes one of which is the Y chromosome. Other centers have invested heavily in technology that works only on day 5 and do not offer competing technologies. We offer Natera as well as day 5 aCGH. I am committed to Natera's technology but ultimately am more committed to doing whatever is going to give my patients the very best probability for pregnancy. Right now that is Natera day 3 in most cases at our center.

Neither technique will give more females than the other.

We freeze the extra embryos on day 5.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are your thoughts, and what do you think I should do? I need your help!

Thank you so much girls!! GT

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do what your clinic does well. Day 3 GSN. They are obviously not comfortable with day. Probably haven't done enough or any day 5 for him to be comfortable quoting stats.

The only thing that we shouldn't be doing is day 3 aCGH. Other than that, do what your clinic does well.

You can't know how you may respond without your pretesting. We are all fertile so you can't go by that no matter how much you may think you are different than the rest. 35 certainly isn't old but it's not young in the IVF world. It's really not an indicator for how you'll do with IVF. With great pretesting, you have a good chance.

I don't like the idea of traveling twice for a FET unless it becomes medically necessary. Most clinic's fresh rates are better than their FET anyway. You're just adding on another layer of difficulty and worry going the FET route.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you and your are right! Even though these doctors seem so reassuring it still is a guessing game and I have no idea how I will respond to meds or what will be a success. Sirm, he told me since I ovulate on my own, that he is not going to put me on BCP. I have been reading this online, and yeah some people have done it, but I have not seen many. What is the MO for girls who do ovulate every 28/29 days, would you say I should do BCP or I should not? I am still very confused.
    RMA PCR day 6 fresh, or Sirm NYC, GSN 3 transfer day 5. or I can skip all of that and just go right to FET.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me ask you a question, if Dr. Potter is now quoting day 6 transfer would you say that ACGH is just as successful on day 6 fresh than GSN is on day 6? And, where does PCR measure up?

I just want direction. I want to increase my chances.

To my understanding. They test on day 3. GSN all the embryos that are normal come back and they say normal.
    Then the abnormals that may look good, can be re-tested! They are only putting back into the normals. Correct, since I am doing PGD. So, what is it wrong with day 3 testing, do any the normals become abnormal and then they transfer that into you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think like NBP you should do what your clinic does best. I would do day 3 testing as long as they re biopsy on day 5. I did cgh on day 5 and my clinic thinks that's the best, you go to a Natera clinic and they will say that's the best.

It really is up to the clinic. Mine the FET rate day 5 and 6 is just as good as fresh, but then they are picky and will only freeze certain criteria, each has their pros and cons.

I too agree to make a decision, cycling locally does have great benefit. I started at 35 and thought I was a fertile myrtle but it was a struggle.

Good luck! You should post in the member section

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should I guess I am going to have to figure out where that is. I can't decide where to go to that is my problem.
    RMA NYC offers day 5, day 6 fresh but they use PCR. And, I am not sure how many abnormals comes up in their tests. I need to find this info out. Dr. Potter is saying that the new day 6, may be the gold standard and replace the old 5. That is interesting, so now I am more confused. I want a fresh transfer. I just want to hear success stories of people who got pregnant at Sirm NYC or RMA Nyc or NYU. I am in NY, and since cornell doesn't do family balancing I can't go to them. I wasn't so impressed with NYU. They will only do FET's anyway and they are very expensive out of pocket. RMA and Sirm is all that I will do money wise. I just need to pick between the two and I am having a hard time deciding.