Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Genesis for the first time

Hello,

We are going to Cyprus to Genesis next week, 28th. We have planned all to be done in first week of april. At the moment my wife is receiving Menopur for 5 days already.
    Can somebody give me more details how it looks next ? Most important is about these procedures on eggs collection and return. Is it painful ? Is it under anaestetic ?

Thanks,
    ssaver

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi welcome!
    No it's not painful at all! It's under aneastetic so she doesn't feel anything. Embryo transfer is not under aneastetic but it doesn't hurt. You feel a little bit that they do things but it isn't painful.

Good luck! And please keep us updated!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaver View Post
    Hello,

We are going to Cyprus to Genesis next week, 28th. We have planned all to be done in first week of april. At the moment my wife is receiving Menopur for 5 days already.
    Can somebody give me more details how it looks next ? Most important is about these procedures on eggs collection and return. Is it painful ? Is it under anaestetic ?

Thanks,
    ssaver
    Hi there. All the best for your trip. Please advise where you are from and how many children you have already. I also wish to go to genesis too so please keep me posted as to how your journey goes? How is your wife feeling whilst taking the meds have these been prescribed by genesis? Also where are you staying in cyprus and if you dont mind me asking are you making the payment in cash or transfer. How many weeks are you staying? So nice to learn from someone who's also in the same boat! Hope to hear from u soon.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by desperate4blue View Post
    Hi there. All the best for your trip. Please advise where you are from and how many children you have already. I also wish to go to genesis too so please keep me posted as to how your journey goes? How is your wife feeling whilst taking the meds have these been prescribed by genesis? Also where are you staying in cyprus and if you dont mind me asking are you making the payment in cash or transfer. How many weeks are you staying? So nice to learn from someone who's also in the same boat! Hope to hear from u soon.
    We have one child, girl. She was ok whilst taking meds, except crying for a few days without reasons. We are staying in Cyprus for 10 days, and will be probably paying in cash. Will keep you posted

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

I am new to this site and looking into having IVF / PDG in another country. We are looking at Genesis in Limasol, Cyprus too and wanted to ask a few, probably silly, questions.

Firstly, did Genesis suggest some local clinics in your area for pre care? If not, how did you find a suitable place to have your bloodwork, scans to be taken?

What medications are required to be taken and how are they taken (i.e. by needle into which part of the body)? Where did you buy the meds from?

From your initial contact with Genesis how long was it till you will receive treatment?

Does Genesis provide a phone call consultation to determine your suitability for treatment?

I've leave it for now and I'm sure I will have more questions soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,

Im just back from Genesis last month, I didn't get pregnant unfortunately but the staff and clinic are all lovely!!

I had my pre testing done at a near by spire hospital through blue horizon blood tests and the scan through babybond.

Genesis send you all the meds via fed ex so no need to figure out how to get them yourself, the meds are injections, some go in the stomach and some in the buttock.

You can email genesis and arrange a phone consult with dr Savvas if you wish.

You are given a general aneastetic so its painless, and egg transfer you are awake but don't feel any pain either. You are in good hands, the nurses that take care of you are so kind and caring :-)
    I booked my treatment 6 months in advance but im sure it can be arranged within 2 months or so.

Good luck to you both!

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Petal, how long before you travelled over did you start the meds?
    Thanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings from
    Limassol!

I am 42 and got my sons 38 and 41 years os. I am now trying a girl at the age of 43 years.

We have had an exciting trip here! I only got two eggs, and in my country they said it was crazy to travel to Cypros with the result. Mr Savvas got one healthy blastocyst and it was transferred in the day six. The transfer was done three days ago. I have had one crump in the stomache and other feelings just like in the earlier pregnances. I am rather hopeful at the moment. I will do the test in next Saturday. However, it is 100 % a girl. It will be busy years, if we succeed

Fingers crossed!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Tringa and all the others cycling soon!
    2009 2011 and my

HRC Jan 2013 - 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilised, 7 to day 3 Natera - 1 healthy XY (donated), 3 healthy XX
    1 XX transferred - BFN
    FET April 2013 - 2 XX transferred - BFP!
    Twincesses arrived Dec 2013 (our early Christmas present) thank you Dr P and the team and my gender dreaming buddies

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tringa good luck! for a BFP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast