Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever percentage a clinic advertises is usually for the youngest age bracket. 70% success is very strong. I do see them quoting 15% to an inquiry to a 39 year old woman so that seems realistic to me.

The only way they offer MicroSort is through one of the locations with an actual machine- in other words, they would have to send your DH's sample frozen to North Cyprus, sort it, refeeze and ship it back.

They don't have MicroSort onsite. The MicroSort page can tell you that. And the freezing, refreezing cannot be done with MS sperm so that's out too.

Everyone else can only do an Ericsson type sort. There's no other sorting technology out there and there is no clear info on if it really works and doesn't affect the embryos negatively.

I understand wanting to try with your own eggs. 70% is not your stat but if you have the means financially to try and this clinic is close to you, go for it!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nuthinbutpink ..... any advice for me? Stick to what we know .... Genesis with spermsort, or try this clinic with Microsort? My concern with Genesis is they don't publish stats ..... and on this board its a bit hit and miss with success .... but then again with this clinic we don't know how many people from these boards would be successful.
    Ill be almost 29 when we do the first cycle.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just read what you said about the freezing of sported sperm ..... that could be an issue if I wanted to return and use frozen sperm with a fresh cycle just on my own.

So does Genesis do it on site? And the sorted sperm could be frozen there?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the reason why IUI with sort doesn't work is because of less sperm because you discard 50 percent of the sperm (not desired gender). Another reason is they stop the machine after many rounds of sort so they sort not everything (that's the explanation of a doctor who worked with ms and iui). I know this because I asked about if before I did IVF because I preferred (like many others) iui because its less invasive.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so I asked them about the testing technique, Microsort and prices.

I got answer but not at my questions!!!! It's an Advertisment how great they are and how my PGD vacation would look like. No answers at my questions at all!!!!

I don't like such clinics, I want straight answers not selling talk!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would look into this clinic but it can't be Microsort. They are not a collaborating doctor and they do not have a MS machine.

None of us US gals use a sort and we do well with IVF. IMO, the sort is way overrated. If they can't get you pregnant, who cares what the gender split is.

I'd go where they have the best success rates because they do matter. Genesis has not proven themselves. It will take multiple tries there if it even works at all. If this clinic has a legitimate business(there are many other International clinics), I would atleast pursue it for now.

Your best option is to come to the US.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But If the US Isn't an option (and for many Dutch girls that isnt) then we must try to find clinics in Europe who are reliable!

US girls do fine without the sort I agree but its always nice to have a choice in life so if there is a choice then you can choose with or without sort.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish the International gals would try more of the various International clinics. There are several out there. I just think the "sort" is very overrated. What matters is can a clinic get me pregnant. It's unfortunate that there seems to be no accountability for any international clinic in regards to number of procedures, pregnancy statistics, etc. we rule out US clinics with statistics everyday. The international clinics should be held to those same standards but they just aren't.

Most internationals are still traveling somewhere. 4 cycles at an international clinic has to be more than one US trip.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nuthinbutpink, I can't travel to the US because we are doing this secretly and its a long way to go with such young children. However, if it doesn't work out at closer clinics, once the boys are older we would go to the US for our last attempt/s.

Lisvna, your reply sounds similar to the one I got. I think its a standard copy and paste type one they email to everyone. I asked about the sort and was told: A similar centrifugation technique that produces same results is available, it is not charged extra.
    Kind regards,
    So it isn't microsort, but the website implies that is what they use?

I have emailed back asking exactly what the sort is and why does it say microsort on the site. Ive also asked what probes they use/fish/how they determine gender and success rates just for gender selection, as advised on the private board.

Im still intrigued though as the success rates do seem good ..... but how do you know its all the truth you know?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really I don't believe this clinic anymore because on their website they talk clearly about Microsort! So thats exactly what I thought is that they don't have Microsort but they want to sail on the succes of Microsort (don't know it its a good expression in English but it is in Dutch hihihihihi).

NBP ofcourse is the US an option but also in the US you don't have a guarantee you are OHW. We have had in de past at this forum a Dutch girl in her 20th. She could afford 1 cycle with Potter of multiple with Savvas (or any other clinic in Europe). She had very good pretesting and everybody thought she would come back pregnant. She didn't unfortunate and now she regrets her decision to go to the US because she has no money for another cycle. So it was defenetly not a good example for the Dutch girls.....

It's such a hard decision were to cycle. I think you must follow your hart. Talk to different doctors look at you own financial and family situation and then decide were to cycle. Unfortunate you have no guarantees in life.

My husband and I have decided to try as many times as we can and want in Europe. If we not succeed we go to the us at the end. For me its extra hard to change doctor because in the end he did get me pregnant........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12