Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your experiences - USA clinics

I am new to this forumn and just wanted to say I wish you the best and thank you very much for your post.

I am just looking at IVF clinics which offer PDG and not sure where to go. (I live in the United Kingdom.) First I was looking at Cyprus (Genesis) though I was informed that they don't have good success rates (from members of this forumn). Then I have been looking for clinics in the USA as far west as California to Texas to the east side of the USA.

I thought it was great that there is a monitoring organisation in the USA (i.e. SART SART: IVF Success Rates) so I could have a bit more confidence in a clinic before investing/taking a chance with my money, my emotions, my physical health (as there are lots of risks with taking stims medication).

I've been in touch with a few clinics including HRC Fertility with Dr. Potter.

Q1. I would be very grateful for any feedback, suggestions, hints/tips on how you selected a clinic, especially if you had to choose one abroad (i.e. not in the country you are located in).

Q2 When you live remote from the clinic (including in a different country) who monitors you? I'm aware of where I can get blood work and scans from though I'm a bit concern about who will make sure everything is going smoothly?

Has anyone used HRC Dr Potter when living in the U.K. or another country? If so I would love to hear from you.

Q3. Where do you go for the DIY book on IVF? Is there such a thing? Is there a good website online? All this IVF lingo seems a bit of a maze to me. I don't know where to get the basic load down of what to expect in a cycle including timescales in relation from first consultation etc.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read the book IVF for dummies (yep there seriously is one) it made things a lot clearer for me in the beginning.

I have never cycles in the US but HRC and any large clinics would be very capable with overseas patients. If a clinic or dr is good, people will travel from all over to a certain clinic.

I am sure others will be able to help more with the UK logistics.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013