Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender selection at HRC from Australia

Hi there,

My husband and I are looking at gender selection as we desperately want a girl (5 boys so far). I'm interested in anyone who has done this and what the cost was, flights, accommodation and everything else. I'm also wondering what happens if you are unsuccessful and don't fall pregnant? How much does a second round cost? I'm so desperate for a girl and I'm trying to weigh up trying to ska at home sway or just do the gender selection.....

Did those of you that did go to HRC did you save the full amount or borrow some of it? It's such a huge amount of $ that might take more than one go to be successful 😕

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hope, welcome.
    I went to HRC three times and am now pregnant with my daughter. I am unusual as most get pregnant easier. I have had infertility in the past too. HRC have an 83% success per transfer.

There is all the info you are after once you join as a dream member. It's the best $12 I have ever spent.

Personally I chose not to sway as I decided I definitely did not want any more boys. Even with my 3 cycles I believe that's cheaper than having another boy and then facing the dilemma of what to do again.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope,

I am in the same boat as you. I am in Australia and I have 3 boys.

I think I would rather bite the bullet and pay for the guaranteed option rather than naturally sway for a girl.

If only those anonymous Medical Ethics people didnt take the choice away from us and we could have it here in Australia. But it doesnt look like things are going to change here in Australia.

I just dont know where to start. There is so much information on this site it is almost impossible to know where to look!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. All of the IVF/PGD info is in the Member Forum. The link in my signature details the process. You must be a member to access any of it though.

There's a ton of information on clinics, current cycles happening all over and how we do it! Hope you will join us!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just joined last week and best $12 spent ever. I'm asking some really dumb questions as this is a really complicated serious matter. I'm from Australia and mum of 2 adorable cheeky boys. I was looking at SaRt in Thailand but looks like their success rates are lower. 83% is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So glad I found this site!! I'm in the same boat, I have 3 beautiful boys but desperately want a daughter! As this is going to be our last I want to guarantee that it's a girl. Does Anyone know - if your fertile is it a good success rate first time or does it usually take a few attempts? I've fallen pregnant straight away each time with all my boys. I want to look at a Thai clinic only because price wise it's so much cheaper and if it doesn't take I can go back allot easier to thailand than America. My hubby wants to go to America. Has anyone had experience at both Thai and American clinics? Thanks nuthinbutpink going to check your link out now!

Pinkdreamz

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Natural fertility certainly helps but for the most part, we are all fertile and the success rates aren't what you think they would be.

Clinic

All of those factor in to your chance of success.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pink, post in the private section more people will help you out there. Good fertility is a bonus, but it is usually age that is the factor.

Girly from Perth too has been to both, and got pregnant in America.

I have the Perth girls over to my house every couple of months, I am near the hills, you are more than welcome to join us. Really wanted to hold one soon, but we have been renovating over summer and my house looks like a construction site right now!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would love to! So nice to be able to talk to people that understand and are in the same boat! I feel it's quite controversial, a couple of friends that I thought would understand didn't like the idea at all. At the end of the day I know I'll be judged for doing this but I couldn't care less, as long as I can complete my family!! I know I'll regret it if I don't try

Pinkdreamz

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! This is exactly the info I'm chasing too! Thanks for this thread... I'll join up as well.
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast