Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which clinic is best for gender selection and embryodonation?

I'm 42 and live in Sweden with my 4 year old son. We have tried 1,5 years for another baby and will now try to get an embryo donation abroad with PGD and microsorting for gender selection. I have emailed a lot of clinics and almost decided to turn to Dogus in north Cyprus but have heard a lot of negative things about them in these forums. Even Genesis is not rated very high here so I wonder which clinic that is the best for embryo donation with gender selection. I'm not interested in donated embryos from IVF:s but rather would like to do a combined sperm and egg donation.

And I would like to do it this autumn! But it is a difficult decision since it's a lot of money involved and the there is different quality in the clinics. And it's so hard to make an informed choice since the clinics are very proud and confident in themselves and have questionable statistics on their homepages.

So is there anyone that could help me?

We have limited economic resources but would never the less want to choose a clinic with high success rates!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Internationally, Genesis with DE has been used on here and **** has been used with DE. Genesis does a sort.

North Cyprus has a bad reputation but we haven't had anyone go there in a long time.

With DE, your chances should be good. Embio is another clinic. I wouldn't get so caught up in the "spinning". With a good donor, you should have plenty of embryos to work with. You want to go with a proven donor- not a 20 year old that has never done this before.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Internationally, Genesis with DE has been used on here and **** has been used with DE. Genesis does a sort.

North Cyprus has a bad reputation but we haven't had anyone go there in a long time.

With DE, your chances should be good. Embio is another clinic. I wouldn't get so caught up in the "spinning". With a good donor, you should have plenty of embryos to work with. You want to go with a proven donor- not a 20 year old that has never done this before.
    Thank you for your answer! What do you mean with "the spinning"? Do you mean that the clinic is not of big importance when it comes to ED (embryo donation) compared with ordinary IVF?

I've been in contact with Embio but gender selection is not legal in Greece. Or have I missed something?

I must say that Julie at Dogus have been very friendly and informative. Of the 10 clinics I've emailed her answer made the top two! But of course I have to weight in other information like on these forums. But I've also found some positive reviews like these: Dogus ivf - Cyprus babies! - BabyCentre

With a proven donor, is it that the eggs have resulted in pregnancy or is it that an actual baby has been born?

I want to make my decision next week since I'm not getting any younger! The quote about making a cholice is good...I stumbled across it yesterday on another site. But when do I know what is good enough? This drives me crazy!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean I would be more concerned with getting info about the donor than I would about sperm spinning/sorting. A proven donor- live birth resulted from her eggs already- is ideally what you want.

We have someone about to cycle with Embio now. I believe they discuss gender selection on their website.

**** it is illegal but they let you select which embryos to transfer there. We have had several cycle there and Dogus and Genesis, it is ok there too.

Dogus has just done silly stuff including posting on here as a "success story" when it was really the lady that works at Dogus.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again!

EmBio discuss gender selection for medical reasons on their homepage, but I don't think they do microsort. Microsorting is good to combine with PGD since there will be more embryos of the desired sex to do PGD on, since some embryos don't make the PGD there will be fewer chances of good quality embryos left after PGD.

When I have asked if they do gender selection they answer very avoident and vaguely. Perhaps family balancing is a medical reason? I've read a lot of good things about them but the price they told me is 12 000 euro with the hotel not included!

I'm also thinking about Unica Clinic in the Czech Republic who only charges 2900 euro. But they don't recommend PGD since it decreases the chances of pregnancy and to get embryos of the desired sex would be a gambeling without microsorting...

It's very difficult to make a decision!!

More help is more than welcome!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I am familiar with Microsort.

What I am saying is that it shouldn't be needed with donor eggs because you should have a transfer no matter what.

You usually get what you pay for in this world. Cheap isn't always better.

You need to become a Dream Member so you can see the past cycle info and the current cyclers. We have someone going to Embio. We have had a few BFPs with DE at Genesis. We haven't had anyone cycle at Dogus.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Fia,

And what about ********? It seems to be a good clinic. They don't do GS but you can choose the embryo.
    Have a look: http://www.myivfalternative.com/
    Already have a marvelous and I cycled mid November 2013 to conceive our HT

7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 5 HB sent for CGH test, 5 healthy HB!!! 3 xx !

We transferred the first one on January the 9th and I was pregnant, BUT I had to let go my little girl on March the 19th at 12 weeks because she had to many malformations (nothing to do with chromosomes)...

After two cancelled FET because of too thin lining, we found out that I have synechias because of abortion. Will have to undergo a surgery beginning of September (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) to sort out my problems. Hope to have a natural FET end of 2014/ very beginning of 2015 and finally have my DD!!!

Dear G'd, please makes my remaining xx become my so dear girl

So remember: forget about the number of eggs. Only the quality matters at the end!!!

"You are the master of your own destiny", I am trying to stick on this though and hope I am right!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder why everyone is claiming that US is more expensive than Europe? When I check out HRC's homepage the costs are even lower than the clinics in Europe I consider. What did I miss? I have to pay about 13000 euro in Europe but only 10000 dollar (less than 8000 euro) in the US. Treatment Costs | Treatment Options Perhaps there is a huge cost for PGD that is not lncluded in the pricelist?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I wonder why everyone is claiming that US is more expensive than Europe? When I check out HRC's homepage the costs are even lower than the clinics in Europe I consider. What did I miss? I have to pay about 13000 euro in Europe but only 10000 dollar (less than 8000 euro) in the US. Treatment Costs | Treatment Options Perhaps there is a huge cost for PGD that is not lncluded in the pricelist?
    I think it's $13,000. I agree. With the exchange rates, you guys get a way better deal than we do!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think it's $13,000. I agree. With the exchange rates, you guys get a way better deal than we do!
    Thanks for your reply! I'm not crazy then :-) But I can't find the cost for embryodonation and PGD so the real cost might be higher. I also wonder why you claim that the success rates are much better in the US? Perhaps they are but how can you tell?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast