Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Australian wanting to travel to Thailand for IVF/PGD.

Hi all. This is my first post on this site and am a little nervous.

I'm 36, live in regional QLD and have 3 boys. My youngest is now 2.5 yrs old. All were conceived naturally and in either the first or second cycle trying so we've been very lucky. My husband and I have now decided to put everything on the line and try IVF/PGD for a DD. My longing for a girl is so strong I will pretty much do anything to get her. Conceiving naturally is the only non option. This is my very very last shot now and I just know I would conceive another boy the old fashioned way.

I was considering Thailand because it is cheaper and closer. The more I read though, the more failures and lost dreams I discover. The money to do this is everything we have and I just can't bare that thought.

I have read that 'if you ask the right questions' this can be done in Australia. My middle child has special and medical needs. He has a complex heart condition which is apparent mainly in boys at a 70/30 ratio. He has had 5 heart surgeries. It is not known to be genetic, however we do have increased risks of having another heart child after the first one. He also has a diagnosis of autism. Is there any hope or way of having IVF/PGD in Australia?

I know it's probably been done a million times around here but please throw all of your experiences at me. Where do I start?

Thank you all.

P.S What is the Dream Membership all about, how do I join and how much does it cost? Thanks!!
    Last edited by Cleopatra; October 13th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Welcome. There is a lot more info in the Dream Member forums for HT. I encourage you to join. We have many ladies that travel to SART and the US.

As far as GS in AUstralia, yes, it is available if you find a sympathetic doctor but we have seen it done maybe 2-3 times and that's it. You can choose to be straight-forward and ask if it is an option for you or learn how to navigate the process and have your biopsied cells shipped to America for analysis so you can choose the embryo that will be transferred with the results.

More info is in the private forum.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your fast reply nuthinbutpink. I actually edited my post to add it but at the exact time you posted!! How do I join the private forum? Do I need to build my post count?

Edit: Never mind. I just worked it out. This is all very very new to me. Reading signatures I don't know what any of the abbreviations are or what the terminology/technology means. I am learning though!!

I have tried to click the link in your signature though but it wont work. Do I need the private access for it?
    Last edited by Cleopatra; October 13th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. It's a guide in the Dream Member section. It's only $12 annually. There is so much info there and that's where all the people are too!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums