Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I transferred 2, 1 was hatching, the other wasn't. After some very kind messages I'm now holding on to the vain hope that maybe I am pregnant but only one has taken. I might even skip my blood test tomorrow and see what happens. I was so upset this morning but still no blood so I'm really hoping that one has stuck but 8 days post was too early for me to test. Hubby wants me to wait until sunday morning then retest with a first response test. I used a Predictor kit, it said it was over 99% accurate and you can test from 5 days before a missed period so thought this would be good enough. Now I'm just hoping that it wasn't!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Sarah. If I was you, i'd be tempted to do the blood test because that's the only way to know for sure. I know how gutted you must be feeling. I was devastated when I got a bfn. It does get easier though. I still think you have some hope yet. That little hatching blast might have stuck. That's the best quality you can get apparently so you stand a good chance. Oh, I tested using predictors with my middle son and they kept saying neg...well, he's 6 now! X x
    3 gorgeous boys.

After 6 fresh cycles, I finally gave birth to my gorgeous Genesis daughter.

My life is complete.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you thank you thank you.... I'm leaving it tomorrow and will blood test monday. My friend out of the blue sent me a text a few hours ago telling me dreamt I'm preg with twin girls. well i know it's not twins but maybe it's a sign... and your log in name... we picked Mollie for our little girls name if it ever happens!! thanks again.. watch this space...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BFN... by FRER test this morn and blood test. Did everything I was advised as well, no lifting, took it easy, took the drugs on time no intercourse whatsoever etc etc. Anyone have any idea when I can expect my AF. Also one burning question, we only had one embryo frozen. Has anyone had any joy after PGD with a FET? Savvas didn't sound too positive about the thawing process of an FET as if they've had PGD done on them they are weaker than a normal embryo. Am torn between bothering to return all that way and replace just one FET or just start afresh. Any advice?
    Hope you are all doing well
    xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahEngland View Post
    BFN... by FRER test this morn and blood test. Did everything I was advised as well, no lifting, took it easy, took the drugs on time no intercourse whatsoever etc etc. Anyone have any idea when I can expect my AF. Also one burning question, we only had one embryo frozen. Has anyone had any joy after PGD with a FET? Savvas didn't sound too positive about the thawing process of an FET as if they've had PGD done on them they are weaker than a normal embryo. Am torn between bothering to return all that way and replace just one FET or just start afresh. Any advice?
    Hope you are all doing well
    xx
    First, I'm so sorry. A FET can absolutely work. I transferred my best looking HB and did a SET and BFN. I did a FET with my last two blasts and came out with one baby. He is over a year now. Several of us have had successful FETs and regarding your REs comments about thawing, if they use vitrification and have a decent criteria for what they will freeze, there is NO reason for it not to thaw. Those days are over in IVF. FETs are common place and if it was a blast, it should make it.

I always say go fir the FET. It is so much easier on your body and sine people don't do well with all those Meds in your system at transfer.

If you want to become a member, we have all the cycle diaries and you can see how successful FETs are. I think we have 4 FET cycles coming up in December alone on here!

I'm so sorry about your BFN.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry Sarah. You must be gutted. It's a horrible feeling but you will feel better in a few weeks. If I was you, I'd definitely use the frozen embryo. I know exactly what you mean, it's a long way just for 1 that might not work but I always thought if I did a fet, I'd just fly over by myself for a few days. That way, you don't need to have an expensive family holiday, just a flight for you. Then, if it didn't work and you decide to go again for ivf, you've not wasted a full holiday on the fet when it's not needed. Sorry, I'm rambling but I hope I make sense! I've also heard fet can work because your body hasn't had all the drugs. Give it a go. Hope you're feeling ok. X
    3 gorgeous boys.

After 6 fresh cycles, I finally gave birth to my gorgeous Genesis daughter.

My life is complete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sarah I am really sorry to hear this, I was hoping that things would be OK for you.

In regards to a FET for sure it can work and like NBP says for some girls it is a better scenario as you and your body isn't so stressed.

If you become a member, we can follow your journey and help you out. A lot of the members won't post on the public boards as they don't want to be known to anyone, but there are lots of girls out there in similar situations, following their cycles is very informative xoxo
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick update, I've decided to go ahead with my FET/SET. Going for a scan to check date of O later on this week and will organise date of defrosting from then. Assuming embryo thaws ok and is still of good enough quality then I'll hop on a plane and stay for a couple of nights then come back.
    I'm not getting my hopes up as much as I did last time, would have loved for there to have been 2 to replace. I'm aware than an embryo that's had PGD would be weaker than a normal embryo but if I didn't go ahead I'd be constantly thinking "what if..." seems mad to wait for next year and sorting a family holiday and doing all the meds again when who knows, maybe this is the one... will keep you all updated...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great news. Make sure your body is ready, you dont want to take any chances. Good luck and keep me posted.X

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Sarah I wish you good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!!!! Keep us updated!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast