Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Norway?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I am from Norway as well. I think it is really confusing to choose which clinic. I have heard that the technology is more advanced in the States. But here is what I don´t understand; is it better because you more easily get pregnant, or is it more probable that you will get the preferred sex of the baby?
    All the clinic says that the probability of getting the preferred sex when you use both PDG and IVF is 99,9%, so I´m assuming that the success rates is based on how easy you get pregnant?? *Feeling confused*

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it has to do with the competence of the Doctor, the right medicine (aggressive in the us), to get the highest amount off follicles without risking the quality of them (it's a fine line) the quality of lab to make them survive, the kind of biopsy made, and the skills during egg transfer by the dr.
    Me 34 DH 35. hoping to add
    Cycle 1# Jan Hrc, 9 retrieved, 5 to pgd, 1 healthy xx (EB BC)& 2 xy bfn
    Cycle 2# April Hrc, 10 retrieved, 7 to pgd, 1 healthy xy NT
    Cycle 3# June Hrc, 12 retrieved, 9 to pgd, healthy 1 xx (HEB AA) bfn
    Cycle 4# August Hrc, microdose flare protocol: 18 retrieved, 9 to pgd, 2 xy 1 xx. FET with immune protocol 2015. BFP 4dp6dt! DD born in 2016.

3. Likes Mathilde liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone I am also from Norway and have been looking into IVF with spermdoner abroad since I'm singel now. I am looking for advice and talk to someone in the not necessarily same, but similar situation.

I'm 42 years old, have two boys, age 21 and 2 years old. Trying with partner for baby nr 2 to get pregnant. Did IVF and medications here in Norway, but no pregnancy. Ovulation 2 weeks after I got pregnant the "normal" way. I really would like to have a babygirl, a little sister sibling for my 2 year old.
    I have been in contact with R in Czech. Here is their answer:

For IVF with your own eggs there is no waiting time so you can start the stimulation whenever you want (with your next period). The price for IVF is 1950,- Eur (IVF+ICSI+extended cultivation). A-CGH test of each embryo cost 350 Eur. Embryotransfer is set to 320 Eur. Cryopreservation of the embryos is not included.

The price does not include STD´s, freezing/storage of surplus embryos and the medication you will need (the price of medication depends on prescribed dosage and type of protocol).

Primarly, f you are interested in visiting our clinic, I would like to ask you to fill up the "first virtual visit" on our web site: R....

Also it is crucially important for us to know your hormonal profile (FSH, LH, E2, TSH, prolactin and AMH). Please ask your doctor to collect your blood on the day 2-3 of your period to obtain these results. Then I will need your ultrasound scan result and your partner´s sperm analysis. When you have collected all these documents, I would kindly ask you to post them over to me.

On that basis our doctor will create your personal stimulation protocol.

We have only caucausian rase sperm donors from Czech Republic.

If you happen to have a doctor locally who can help you with the ultrasound scans, you can start the stimulation in your own country, keep us updated on the results and come here only for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer.

We will freeze the embryo on the day 5-6 of their cultivation and then do the testing.

The result will be known within a month. Then you can start your preparation for frozen embryo transfer.

We do not provide sex selection of the child.

Anyone been to R in Czech? It looks like they dont do fresh embryotransfer, so I have to go 2 trips to the clinic. I was reading somewhere in here that the prosess took only 10 days and I guess that is when they transfer fresh embryo? Was that in Cyprus maby?. Maby the total amount of money will be the same?

I want to reply to the e-mail and ask if I get to know if the embryos are XX or XY, and if I get to choose wich one to put in. I'm also waiting for C in Czech to reply.

I will se my primary doctor this week and I hope he can take the blodtests and also refer me to an gynecologist to do the ultrasound. If everything goes smoothly I might be pregnant in desember or january.
    Last edited by Babybell; October 17th, 2016 at 11:46 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is another reply from R...in Czech. You can se they dont let me choose the sex of the embryo

Hello Marit,

Please see the answers below:

I dont know the quality of my eggs, so I might be interested in having a donoregg. I just want to know if that is a posibility when I am there, or does it take time to arrange so I have to come back later? What is the price for the donoregg?
    If you want to undergo an IVF with donor eggs we will need: spermiogram of your partner, blood types (both of you), latest ultrasound result, results of STD's tests (both of you and from last 24 months). Currently we are scheduling couples for January 2017. The price is 4900€ and does not include the cryopreservation of surplus embryos and medication for you.

I also want to know if you can get donorsperm from the European Spermbank? If that is a possibility I would like to know the price. We have only sperm donors from our spermbank.

After the A-CGH test is done, do I get to choose if there is more than one fertilized egg? Can I choose the egg with XY for instance? You can’t choose the gender of the transfered embryo.

Is there possible to get a fresh embryo transfer? I guess I'm hoping if its possible to take 1 trip to the clinic insted of 2? I can stay for 2 weeks, but not for 1 month, and I'm unsure if I can afford 2 trips because I would have to bring my 2 year old and my Au-Pair also.
    You can have the fresh embryotransfer and come only for one visit (6-7 days altogether).

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reply from C... in Czech:
    Dear Marit,

Thank you for your email. Congratulations to your big family and healthy sons.

I am afraid we are not able to prepare the treatment for you. Firstly, we provide the treatment for couples only. Secondly, to undergo the IVF therapy due to a gender selection is against the law in Czech Republic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 1st, 2021 at 06:09 PM.

8. Thanks Svee thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Babygirlquest. Think I will have to just forget about Czech clinics. I have emailed Genisis, Crown IVF center and Bahceci in Cyprus, and are waiting for their reply. I have also contacted Medical center IGR in Kiev, Ukraine. I dont want to travel too far so in contacting those that are in Europe.

Do anybody know what other countries in Europe where GS is legal?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!

From Norway here as well!
    I think it is legal at Genesis.
    We will do pgd in 1-2 year, but important to do the research

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I'm from Denmark -lovely to hear your stories.....
    We are now looking into different clinics - primarely in Cyprus. It's far to expensive to ho to the US.

We have considered different clinics in Cyprus. But we dont know which one to choose........

What are your experience with

Crown clinic?

North Cyprus IVF Clinic?

Genesis?

I would really appreciate your advise

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; April 13th, 2021 at 02:31 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast