Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Genesis - what day of cycle to travel?

Hi

For the ladies who have cycled with dr savvas, I wonder if you can give me some advice!

My parents are coming to look after the kids so we can have a 'holiday'. They will look after the kids for one week. So I am wondering what is the best day to travel on as we can only be in cyprus for a max of 6/7 nights (although I guess if I really needed to I could stay for a night or two more).
    As I now need to book flights for October. Also we will be having a holiday of sorts to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary - so if anyone has a nice hotel to recommend that would be amazing.

I am not sure what day of the cycle they do transfer!?

Also up to transfer how often are you scanned? Is it every day? As I will need to book all of this!

I should know the answers as I had to do ivf with my 1st of three children but I have forgotten! Any help is really appreciated...

Feeling excited/nervous !

Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can only do 6-7 nights, you'd only be doing your last scan with him before you trigger. ER to ER is 6 days alone!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Londa is fab and would be great for 11th wedding anniversary - small, boutique, good food, nice pool and close the clinic (10 min taxi ride).

With regards to time, as this is your first cycle my advice would be that you need to be there for 9 nights eg. fly in Monday, because of flight times you would not get to see Savvas until first thing Tuesday morning as he doesn't see patients after noon. Scan on Tuesday morning, trigger Wednesday night - ER Friday morning and ET the following Wednesday morning and fly home the same afternoon. That is based on the fact that you don't need to stim for longer than planned. You DH could say fly home on the Sunday or Monday as he will have done his bit and you just stay on for the last 2-3 days on your own. ET is very straightforwards.

Good luck xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With regards to scans before you fly, you need a baseline before you start stims and then at least one during stims, maybe 2. Savvas will tell you what days he prefers. x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What ever has said. My only thing though last July 13 I flew and ended up changing flights for an extra 3 days as had to stim longer but nobody can know this till after yr app with him. Regards to hotel I stayed in the Ajax because in both May &sept it was the best value. I'd highly recommend book cyprus for hotel deals. It was way better value than the rest.
    Best of luck

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bon courage à toi!!J'ai une question,y a t il beaucoup de filles qui ont eu des positifs avc le dr savvas et du premier coup?2eme question:est ce que l'une d'entre vous pourrait me donner les coordonnées d'un gynéco complaisant sur Paris?Merci les filles si vs pouvez m'aider