Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ivf/pgd in Aus

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ivf/pgd in Aus

I went through Melbourne IVF clinic and was approved for ivf/pgd with icsi as we have 5 boys and 2 of them have autism. I was thrilled to be approved. I'm from TAS so took a bit to and fro with mail and a trip over to consult. we went back in Feb for egg collection and transfer. Heart broken to only have 6 egg collected and 4 fertilised. Out of those 4 1 was a chromosomally normal female and we implanted it. I am now 20 weeks pregnant and have a bit over 1 more week to go until ultrasound. I am so scared that they will say its a boy.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome And congrats! The chances that you will have an opposite are so small I wouldn't even worry about it xxx. Easy for me to say I know.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Im sure it's a girl!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there, I'm new to site and new to this whole forum thing!
    I am in New Zealand
    I have two beautiful wonderful sons and I am 23 weeks pregnant with Boy number 3 - he took us a bit by suprise as we weren't 'trying' to conceive at the time, and we were going to try all the tricks for natural swaying!
    I am super excited about three boys close in age but thoroughly gutted our chance to try for a girl was taken away.
    Hubby and I have started talking seriously about Dr Potter after I spent a whole weekend researching and finding myself here!
    Please please please I am after help, advise, and seriously starting to budget a trip to get the baby girl we both so long for!!!
    Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by idreamofpinknz View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to site and new to this whole forum thing!
    I am in New Zealand
    I have two beautiful wonderful sons and I am 23 weeks pregnant with Boy number 3 - he took us a bit by suprise as we weren't 'trying' to conceive at the time, and we were going to try all the tricks for natural swaying!
    I am super excited about three boys close in age but thoroughly gutted our chance to try for a girl was taken away.
    Hubby and I have started talking seriously about Dr Potter after I spent a whole weekend researching and finding myself here!
    Please please please I am after help, advise, and seriously starting to budget a trip to get the baby girl we both so long for!!!
    Thanks
    Hi there. Welcome! All the details are in the Dream Member(private) Forums. Dream Members can book a free consult AND you get $1000 off your cycle cost with Dr Potter. There is a link on here that you can access once you become a Dream Member to qualify.

Lots of people have done it so you can too!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We actually have an entire thread dedicated to Cycling from Australia and various options from there-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/inte...selection.html

You will not be able to access it if you are not a Dream Member though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Gender Dreaming Idreamofpink NZ. Glad to see you here because there are not many of us Kiwi's on this Forem. I know covered in blue is one of them for sure and there are some others appariently. The Australian threads are not that far off from what we would be going through for PGD compared to all the other Countires.

I wanted just one girl very much and I feel like my chance to try for her was taken away too. I wanted to sway hard for my third and final child but didn't for my second and got twin boys which was a shock. They are now 2 and the lights of my life and they and DS1 who is 4 1/2 are the best of friends.

My DP has agreed to do PGD and wants to do it in America since it seems like it has the best clinics. It wont be for a while though because we really can not afford it. We will really need to save for it but I feel like it is worth it because I really want a daughter in my life and it would still be cheaper than raising a whole extra child if he were a boy and then we still wanted to try again for a girl.

Goodluck to you and for the rest of your pregnancy. Please let me know anything you find out and I'd be happy to help you as I still have not had much time to research how our trip would work.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I'll look at becoming a dream member so I can access the other threads!
    I can't seem to see how I can start a new thread (i really am a total forum rookie)
    glad to know I'm not the only person down under dreaming of this procedure, the people I've spoken to and posts I've started in NZ mums and baby groups on facebook have gone down like lead balloons and I'm apparently "selfish, upsetting the whole IVF community and a monster for not being happy with my soon to be brood of three boys"
    Look forward to talking to likeminded couples on here!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome . We have 3 boys too! Not 100% sure of our plan at the moment. Leaning towards trying a sway in about a years time though I'm still thinking of HT too. DH is keen to just Duggar it out lol. Anyway to start a new thread from the main forum page you click on the section you want it to go in and then you will see it on your top right in an orange box. And definitely become a dream member. So much info there and will save you heaps of $ if you do go HT with Dr Potter. Sorry about your Facebook experience I was lucky I found 1+2+3boys on a NZ baby site kitkat is a kiwi too. I think she is pregnant after a sway already.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Idreamz good luck honey!! Everyone is so supportive here and non judgmental. Sorry you had such a bad experience on other baby sites! Just swayed pink naturally no idea if it worked but ivf/pgd was not an option for me, my DH does not even know I swayed!! Good luck and come chat!! Xxxx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast