Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Which clinic is best for UK girls? Recent experiences?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and wondered if there's anyone out there that is in a similar position to me. We are blessed to have 3 gorgeous sons but would love a girl to complete our family. Boys are aged 8,6 and 1. We are considering the HT approach and want to know which clinic is considered best at the moment, particularly as I'm 40 so feel I'm running out of time. It doesn't help that my sister in law has recently given birth to a daughter after also having two boys so feeling it all so acutely at the moment

I've seen some posts where people have debated the merits of genesis and HRC? I also have info on fertility institute in NYC so wondered of any experiences of that?

Any responses would be amazing. I don't do facebook or forums at all so all this is v new!!

Xxx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 40, IVF is very difficult. I wouldn't bother at genesis. There are several excellent NY clinics and HRC is really good too. New York is more expensive.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks 3lovelyboys thanked for this post
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    many people from the UK travel nowadays to clinic R in C zech because it's affordable and it has better succes rates then Genesis at the moment.

We have a specials thread for people who cycle at clinic R.

5. Thanks 3lovelyboys thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you possibly tell me the names of the NY clinics you know of? I know about dr Steinberg at the Fertility Institute. It would be useful to know though I'm not sure we'll proceed now as I'm quite put off by your negative response that it's v difficult at 40. I don't think I'd fully appreciated that was the case as I hear of lots of later babies these days but perhaps they aren't pgd/ivf.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lovelyboys View Post
    Can you possibly tell me the names of the NY clinics you know of? I know about dr Steinberg at the Fertility Institute. It would be useful to know though I'm not sure we'll proceed now as I'm quite put off by your negative response that it's v difficult at 40. I don't think I'd fully appreciated that was the case as I hear of lots of later babies these days but perhaps they aren't pgd/ivf.
    I live in NY and do not know of anyone who has cycled there and definitely not for PGD/Gender selection. I think the top choices right know is Clinic R in Czech, HRC in California and I cycled at SIRM NY. I am 42 with a 16 month old.

NBP was just being realistic. IVF at 40 is extremely tough throw in gender selection and it becomes even harder. Though I am living proof that it is NOT impossible.

Good Luck!
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clinic R got me a sticky bfp when Hrc couldn't and it's waaay cheaper so you aren't putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for those responses it's nice to hear of a positive story!!! I had seen your story Jany and was so moved and inspired by you and your positivity! I don't think I'd fully appreciated how difficult it would be at my age though I had seen quite a few negative posts about being 40+, on the fertility scrap heap... it seems. I guess it's best not to sugar coat the message and NPB didn't do that for which I should be grateful!

We will have to have a good think about it with the changes being so low.

Thanks for the info on clinics. Is SIRM outside of NY? But still east coast?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks deaks too I will look at clinic r. Great to hear you had a positive expense there! Nervous of going to Eastern Europe with language barrier. I assume it wasn't a problem. How many goes did you have? Also why do you call it a "sticky" BFP ...

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just trying to tell you the truth. IVF with gender selection is difficult because you lose half your embryos or more due to the wrong gender. Statistically, for 40, the percentage of abnormal embryos is high. That coupled with losing half to gender makes it difficult. Here is a site that goes into a lot of detail- Fertility & IVF After Age 40, Older Women & Infertility

First, you need a consult with a doctor. SIRM is a great clinic in New York. RMANJ has excellent success rates too. Dr Braverman on here is in New York and offers a free consult. You can get pretesting orders and see what your ovarian reserve looks like and decide if it makes sense to cycle.

I'm not trying to be negative. I just want you to be informed. Clinic R will be your least expensive option and it may take a few attempts at 40 so take that into consideration too.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I'm just so heartbroken with it all as the dream seems to slipping away that it's hard to hear the truth that it may not be for me. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast