Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone!!

MrsE/ 1282 what is the process pre-egg removal? I'm in the states next april (florida) for work for 10 days and my husband and kids come with me. Ideally we would go from there to LA for the treatment as that would be ideal, easier and cheaper, but other than the three weeks of meds do you have to have scans or anything? As in would it be a problem me being away before heading to Newport?

Thanks for the email! Am going to get in contact with her and get all the pre-testing sorted. Not doing it till next year but want the consult so we have as much info as possible. I still haven't heard back after filling in the consult request form 6 weeks ago!

MrsE - good luck with it all! Please share your journey, I'm still really confused as to how it all works!! xxx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would fill out the form again- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=13

They get back to you the same day. Something happened with yours clearly.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think you could do the monitoring (blood tests & ultrasound) anywhere, as in, if you can do it in the UK, why not in Florida? I would do some googling for ultrasound places near where you'll be staying in Florida and ask Lori for any advice she has.

In terms of timing, I have put an outline of my dates running up to ER below;

- 20 May (this Friday!!!) - first Lupron inj
    - 26 May, first ultrasound & bloods in UK (although I think this was brought forward because of a US public holiday, would normally have been day 7)
    - 30 May, start stim meds
    - 2 June, ultrasound & bloods in UK (again, looks like normally this would have been 3rd June?)
    - 6 June, ultrasound & bloods in UK
    - 7 June fly to US
    - 8 June, scan & bloods at HRC (I think all being well my trigger shot will be the night of the 8th)
    - 10 June, ER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Flynns Mummy. Not sure I can add anything to 1282's comprehensive reply - I'm sure Lori can give you some guidance. As an aside on the pretesting I think HRC prefer you to have pretests done 3-6 months before a cycle so by all means get them done now so that you can have an informed chat with Dr P but you may need to repeat a few nearer your cycle.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all, I will fill in the form again. I had a gender scan in Florida 2014 with my second son so I already know a good ultrasound place fortunately, would just need to find somewhere to get bloods done!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all! After 6 months of trying to work out whether we should go ahead with this (worried about what other people might think mainly) we had a consult with Dr Potter and have decided to go ahead. Dates are booked in for october! Taking the kids for a holiday too, have only got the one chance so everything crossed, but I don't want to regret not trying and if it doesn't work then at least I know it wasn't to be and can move forwards from there.

Dr Potter suggested on the call that I have the ovarian reserve test now so we know what we're dealing with and everything can go smoothly. Have been in touch with Lori but find her answers to be a little vague.

She has suggested Dr Lower for the tests and then all other tests 3 months prior to ER as everyone else has said above - I can't seem to find a website for Dr Lower though, does anyone have an address?

I also haven't been sent final costs yet. Does anyone know if there is a deposit to pay or anything? x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, how does it work with moving back to NHS for pregnancy care if all successful? Do you have to tell them what you did, as I remember them noting down spontaneous ovulation with my first two? x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exciting times FM!

You can find Mr Lower's details here: Nuada Medical

His secretary Ruth is lovely and so helpful. Her email address is ruth@adrianlower.com

In terms of NHS care, I've recently had my booking in appointment with my midwife and I just told her this baby was conceived via ivf in the US. Neither she nor my GP batted an eyelid or asked any questions about it.

9. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi lovely ladies,

I'm just finalising plans for my October trip and I have a couple of questions I wonder if you experienced girls would be able to help with :-)

Firstly I have all my dates (18th october scan, 20th ER, 26th transfer fingers crossed) so am getting flights booked now deposit only in case something happens and we have to cancel. We're taking our two boys and planning to make it into a little bit of a holiday as well as factoring in the necessary rest as we have no other option. Has anyone else taken their kids with them?

Should I start taking pre-nates and its now even though nothing is happening for 10 months?

Lori suggested June for pre-testing, when should I get in touch with Dr Lower to arrange this?

Guessing I stay off BCP until told otherwise and just carry on using condoms?

Thanks guys xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry one more thing, Dr P on the call said he wanted me to have an ovarian reserve test asap just to check, I'm 33 and fell pregnant with both boys first month of trying. Has anyone else done this test early or just waited and done all the pre-testing together 3-6 months prior? Not keen to shell out extra money only to have to repeat the test, guessing it wouldn't change the course of action, if they are bad I'm not going to start on meds any earlier right? x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast