Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Birth control pill before IVF treatment

Hi ladies I were wondering if you could help me please? I’ve been told to start taking the pill from tomorrow so I will get my period on the 1st December for my treatment cycle but my normal periods due on 27th/28th quite regular so I didn’t know whether to just use the Norethisterone pill to delay it for a few days? The clinic had said I can do this if I want but taking the contraceptive pill is more reliable. Is there anyone else who’s been in this situation? Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would simply follow your clinic's orders. This is what they do so I assume they know best!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Likes seekingpink90 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks very much for your reply back means a lot

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just try not to worry about the stuff you really don't have to worry about. The cycle is stressful. We hang on every little detail. This is simple enough, just follow the instructions and trust your clinic. They want you to be successful. Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

6. Likes seekingpink90 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I would just try not to worry about the stuff you really don't have to worry about. The cycle is stressful. We hang on every little detail. This is simple enough, just follow the instructions and trust your clinic. They want you to be successful. Good luck!
    Ok great thank you, I’ve done as they have advised and started taking the birth control pill as of today. I know it might sound crazy but I’m worried that it has an affect on the IVF treatment like it not working because by taking the birth control pill your preventing a pregnancy... I know there have been women who gone through and took birth control before the treatment and got successful I’m just panicking I guess as it’s the first time I’ve done this... I guess the nerves and excitement is kicking in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    90% of us take the pill before starting our ivf cycles. It's a totally normal thing, please don't worry
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

9. Likes seekingpink90 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    90% of us take the pill before starting our ivf cycles. It's a totally normal thing, please don't worry
    Ok thanks so much for your reply I will start to relax and not worry now.

X

11. Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!!

I have 2 boys and about to start the pst/ivf process with in hopes of having a girl. Here is my question:

I currently have birth control implant (nexplanon) in. The plan is to take out this week and wait until EOM for my period and take IVF birthcontrol on cycle day 2. Did anyone experience success with IVF with switch of B/C? I fear this may mess with my cycle because I haven't had a normal cycle yet. But I am so excited to started this process. Should I wait another month? Thank you!The doctor said it would be ideal to wait 4 weeks after birth control is out of my arm but they would still do in same month. thoughts?