Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

new member and seeking some input (had an oops)

Hi Ladies! I've been reading/lurking for a few weeks as I prepare for a girl sway this fall. I have a beatiful 15 month old little boy and would love a little girl, would be thrilled either way but thought it would be fun to try. In the past few weeks I had started taking vitex to regulate my cycles (believe it has helped), and started taking cranberry, folic acid, and acidphilus daily. i started taking calcium/mag but stopped after reading it probably doesn't help. I have tried to cut back on protein and fat, and dropped from 125to 120lb. I've skipped breakfast pretty consistently and drink CL daily, didn't stop drinking coffee or stick to LE diet as I should as I had planned to "kick it into high gear" when closer to TTC. So here is my " OOPS"... Thursday 7/25 dh and I DTD with a condom (went off BCP in May) which was refusing to stay on. Dh ended up pulling out and releasing outside my V but closer than I would like. I ran to the bathroom and wiped what I could away...felt we were probably safe. BBT say I ovulated Saturday 7/27. 6-7 days past O I am now spotting brown (which has happened every time we have conceived- only one has stuck- a few others later got AF but pretty positive sperm met egg.) My question is... do you think my pre-sway prep along with the pull out might be okay for a girl? If it matters, We used astroglide (no CM), I did have a big O (darn) and I had a cold the weekend of Ovulation.
    I have a bit of an obsessive personality and had hoped to prepare more before an attempt. looking for some reassurance I didn't totally botch this up! Thanks!
    Last edited by adamsmom; August 4th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it looks pretty promising for pink. Good luck!
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lobella2 View Post
    I think it looks pretty promising for pink. Good luck!
    Thanks... hoping it was enough! I plan to test in a week and will update soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so i am not pregnant...spotted for several days and then got AF 5 days earlier than usual (weird). Initially I was a bit bummed, but now happy I have another month to get my ducks in a row. Getting ready for our first "real" attempt in a week or so. Finding this diet harder than I thought...I want a burger and fries SO BAD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsmom View Post
    so i am not pregnant...spotted for several days and then got AF 5 days earlier than usual (weird). Initially I was a bit bummed, but now happy I have another month to get my ducks in a row. Getting ready for our first "real" attempt in a week or so. Finding this diet harder than I thought...I want a burger and fries SO BAD!
    Sorry about your BFN but as you said, you might have another month to adjust to the LE diet and girl sway. I'm doing my attempt starting on Sunday, so perhaps we'll have our 2WW together! I'missing certain foods too, can't wait to be pregnant, I'm gonna eat so many yummies as soon as I have BFP! Good luck on your sway!
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Good luck to you too! I can't decide if I should be safe and do a two day cut off on Saturday, or try an O+12 on Monday...might leave that to the last minute. Think I will start using rephresh today...We will definitely have the same 2WW so it will be nice to have some support, it is so nerve wracking! Posting your sway?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'll post my sway, but when I find out I'm pregnant. I don't know if I manage to stick to the diet 100% if I don't get pregnant soon, so I'd better post it when I get BFP to be able to write down exactly what I ate etc. I'm managing till now...I keep on telling myself..it's for my girl...it's for my girl! I'm doing a cutoff but I might end up doing also 0+12 if I manage to pinpoint ovulation correctly, usually I don't...don't have much CM and that does'nt help!
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013