Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, would love to meet more Aussies thinking of IVF for gender selection

Hi,
    I've been browsing the site for hours hoping to find someone in a similar situation to discuss my concerns and thoughts with, but thought I would just post (which I wouldn't normally do) and hope someone finds me!

I have just had my 3rd beautiful boy, which I admit when I found out I was having another boy I was upset it wasn't a girl, but he is the most delightful little man and I love him to bits along with my two older boys. I have a huge desire for a girl, I think about having a girl every day! My eldest son (3 and a half) tells me he wants a little sister all the time. We can't have more than 4 kids, so this is my last chance for my dream of having a girl. I have been looking into going to America to have IVF gender selection, though I have so many mixed feelings about it and concerns. I have spoken to a few friends about it and they think I should do it. My husband doesn't really have an opinion on the matter (I wish he did), he says "whatever you want, as long as your happy!"

So I've just been searching the net but I am starting to find it overwhelming. Has anybody been in the same situation, that can help give me a kick start to hopefully fulfilling my dream of having a little girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am not australian but I can say I want a girl more than anything. I am currently preggo with number 3, hoping it is a girl! I too am only going to have 4 babies and if this one is a boy I am willing to take extreme measures for number 4. My husband and I have discussed sperm sorting before but not IVF as it is probably unaffordable for us.

I am assuming the cost would be 100% on you since you don't live here and even if you did insurance doesn't cover gender selection so if you have the money go for it I say :-) It may take a few tries though and it can get very expensive. Have you looked into sperm sorting??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi leechez,
    I live in nsw. I have 3 boys and feel the same. I was almost ready to book in to have pgd ifv with SART bangkok( gena Australia) but have since decided that we might actually try for a girl naturally ( sway for a girl).
    I have researched for 2 years ( my little one is nearly 2) and I have found that it will most probably take more the one try for a successful pgd ivf pregnancy. In my case I feel that going too many times is taking that money away from the beautiful boys I have already. I have ceasers so I have been told 2 more max. So going to start trying in dec 2012 and hope we get lucky.
    Good luck in your journey and your not alone with what your feeling. Xxx
    2006 2008 2010

HT march 2013 with SART
    15 eggs collected, 8 matured- no embies made it to testing
    Planning August 2013 cycle but oops I fell pregnant 2 weeks after my failed IVF and it's another !!!
    Planning HT again for early 2015!!! For my long awaited

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I am a Kiwi so same direction as Australia.
    We have 3 boys, the last one was a failed sway.
    In February last year went to South Africa and had a cycle of IVF with PGD.
    Unfortunately I didn't fall pregnant and although I keep hoping to go back and try again, We can't afford it right now.
    DH has agreed to try swaying again, but after 6 months I am no closer to being pregnant which is a bit frustrating.
    I would do it gain in a heartbeat if I could afford it as the IVF was way easier than I thought it would be.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

I live in Qld and I have 4 boys and am planning to go to USA to cycle with Dr Potter next month. I have done a lot of research and we are making a holiday out of our trip. It is a lot of money approx. $17000 with cycle cost and meds. My husband is they same as your, whatever makes me happy.

What finally helped to make up my mind was I decided what I would regret more spending the money and it not working or not trying it at all. For me not trying would always hang over me.

Good luck with your decision.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Leechez,
    There are loads of us on here. I would recommend becoming a member as most of us post in the private HT forum. You have found a really supportive and helpful group. It's a lovely place to hang out.

Welcome.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RKT Mama View Post
    Hi,
    I am a Kiwi so same direction as Australia.
    We have 3 boys, the last one was a failed sway.
    In February last year went to South Africa and had a cycle of IVF with PGD.
    Unfortunately I didn't fall pregnant and although I keep hoping to go back and try again, We can't afford it right now.
    DH has agreed to try swaying again, but after 6 months I am no closer to being pregnant which is a bit frustrating.
    I would do it gain in a heartbeat if I could afford it as the IVF was way easier than I thought it would be.
    Are you aware that gender selection has been banned in South Africa now. I did a donor cycle there a few months back and right before it, they changed the laws. I had to ship my embies to the U.S. for testing. Won't matter if you have frosties but you won't be able to do pgd on a new batch. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting a daughter View Post
    Are you aware that gender selection has been banned in South Africa now. I did a donor cycle there a few months back and right before it, they changed the laws. I had to ship my embies to the U.S. for testing. Won't matter if you have frosties but you won't be able to do pgd on a new batch. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I hadn't heard that. Pity as they were very good over there and at least it was first world medicine. Might have to consider Thailand when I win the lottery.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome, I only pop in now and then and get very over whelmed when i read to much!! But this is a great site.
    i am from oz as well. i am going to superior art in sep. need some sun hating winter!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou all so much for your replies, I'm going to get stuck into some more research and join as a member, because I'm sure I'll need more help and advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast