Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clomid?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid?

First off, I'm new and am having trouble locating where I should post future thoughts/questions, this worked great last time so I'm sort of going with this little comfort zone, but if there is a more appropriate place to ask please let me know.

My backstory is: I've read that Clomid sways pink and am interested in using it. I have gotten pregnant on the 3rd month of trying with both of my sons and have never miscarried or had fertility issues and I'm 31 yrs old. However, I am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old (but in the process of weaning). He should be completely weaned in about 2 weeks, and I still haven't had a period. I really want my last two children to be close in age, so I would like to start ovulating soon. I want a near perfect sway because my next option will have to be high tech or adoption. 4 children is the most we want to have, but I would really rather only have 3.

My questions are: Is Clomid safe to use for someone like me with normal health and fertility? Would my doctor even prescribe it for me if I asked, I'm nervous to do so since I don't have a great reason besides swaying, but could trying to get ovulation started after breastfeeding be a valid-enough reason? Or should I just be honest and say I want to help my girl sway? How should I even go about asking my doctor? Does it even really sway girl for younger women without fertility problems? Is the sway factor worth any potential risks of the drug? I'm not too scared off by the thought of twins, but def. don't want triplets or more or risk my baby's health.

Thanks for any info I can get

PS With or without clomid I will be doing the LE Diet and supps recommended with a frequent release

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to burst any bubbles but I know 3 or 4 women who took clomid that had boys. I do think it is hard to obtain without issues as there is no reason to take it.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Not to burst any bubbles but I know 3 or 4 women who took clomid that had boys. I do think it is hard to obtain without issues as there is no reason to take it.
    I agree Rosie. My veterinarian has a ds and she was on clomid.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit this crossed my mind too but i have also read that plenty of women have gotten boys whilst on it (bit like miscarriage sways pink - there are still plenty of moms who have gotten boys too) unforutnately there is no magic bullet.

I went to see my doc (am in UK) as i was having problems with my cycle but they would look at you trying at least 6 months plus before they'd consider something like that and monitor your ovulation. Alternatives include vitex and sp they have good results too or maybe try stopping on birth control until you are ready to ttc as that sways pink too
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've really been on the fence about using it, so thanks for the help.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't actually read this thread. I just wanted to tell u I LOVE your screen name. Littlegirlblues love it love it love it! Wish I thought of that
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I read it! The numbers are hard to make much of bc a lot of women who take clomid have PCOS which sways boy. So as everyone said there is no magic bullet but it does make your environment more hostile which sways pink. My doc prescribed it like he was passing me a tissue. He was like your 36 let's try clomid (I'm 37 now). I am swaying so I was happy! However as you see in my siggy or aka "my sagga" lol, I'm not pregnant. Anyway, it can't be taken for more then I believe 12 cycles in your lifetime. It can thin your lining and make conception impossible. If you want u can ask your doc it's been around for ages.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Welcome.gif
Views: 160
Size:  138.6 KB

I am not sure what your doc will say about Clomid..

But I used Vitex.
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; September 12th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend did the naughty thing and bought it off a friend. She is only going to take a small dose of 50mg which a sic wouldn't monitor u on anyway so I don't see the harm. She ovulated just fine but she is taking it to increase her chances of multiples and needs to build her family quickly due to get age. I don't think I'd take more than the dose without doctors say so and monitoring and I'm not sure your sic would prescribe it without a reason ,,, good luck
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast