Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile Newbie and TTC Blue

Hello everyone, I just started on here not too long ago and I love this site! You guys are great! I have three beautiful little girls: 1,2 1/2,and 4 1/2. I have had c-sections with all three of them and can only have one more. This time around I am hoping for a little bundle of blue. If not,it's ok,another girl will fit right in,but have always dreamed of having one of each. We will start attempt 1 around December/January. I would like to post what I am doing so far and what I plan on adding and hopefully I can get some advice on what I am doing right or any changes I need to make.

I started taking EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) and Folic Acid yesterday. I take 2-3 of the EPO and 3-4 of the 800 mcg Folic Acid. I plan on starting to take Wheatgrass or Fertile CM,don't know if I should take both or just one and what other supplements would be good to take or if I should just stick with these few. Also plan to take fish oil too...should I take fish oil since I am taking EPO?

I am trying to stick to the diet as much as I can, it's just hard because I'm on a strict budget right now with my three little girls and my husband being the only one working. For breakfast, I usually have a bowl of multigrain cheerios with whole milk and a banana afterwards.

For a snack in between breakfast and lunch, I usually eat salted peanuts, peanut butter and jelly sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread ( should I cut out the jelly?), chips,pineapples, etc.

For Lunch, leftovers from dinner the night before, baked potato with I can't believe it's not butter light, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fries,etc.

For snack in between lunch and dinner, it's usually the same as my other snack,I just alternate between what I choose.

For dinner, pizza with pepperoni and cheese, breaded chicken patties with tomato sauce on top, spaghetti with garlic bread, chicken fettuccine Alfredo, Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans out of the can, corn out of the can,etc.

For my drinks, it's either regular bottles water, pineapple juice, apple juice, dr.pepper,etc. I seen a lot of people usually drink coconut water,green tea,lemon water and orange juice so I though about trying to buy some coconut or lemon water or something,should I? I don't know what any of those do or what difference they make?

These are all examples, some days might be different and not include some of these things.

I am still undecided on preseed. Does it make a huge difference? I'm sure that probably depends on the person.

Also, as for the supplements, such as Fertile CM and Wheatgrass, should I only take them on the days leading up to O or from now until our first attempt?

I also plan on doing the mucinex or robitussin on days leading up to O.

DH will be taking supps such as , L-Arginine, fish Oil, vitamin b12 or E or both. I bought Zinc and Ginseng also,but not sure if I should Have him take all of these or just a couple, because I read that Zinc can be dangerous to take too much of it.

He already has a boy friendly diet so I'm not too concerned with that.

Our attempt will be doggy and i'm still undecided on the instead cups..should I??

I will also try to put something under the bed.

I am also following the chinese gender calendar and trying to do ions such as cell phone, laptop and winter weather.

I will also be using my OPK to help me determine ovulation. I will have him abstain for 4 days prior to attempt, while BDing every few days or so before attempt. And have him drink a can of red bull one hour prior or 1/2 hour prior,which would be best? He wears boxer briefs and I'm not too concerned about this either because he's already being pretty cooperative as it is so I am grateful for all that he's already doing. He's also been doing the cool showers as well.

I thought about doing the BSF or drink,douche or bath but have heard too many things, such as it can kill the sperm and cause infections and burning if you touch your cervix and that preseed would be better, so if any, I am sticking with preseed, just waiting on suggestions about whether or not to use it or just go natural?

Is this all too much? And I feel like I am asking too many questions, there's just so much that I don't know yet and I want to try and get this right. Thanks everyone in advance for your patience and understanding and for answering any of my questions! You guys are all so great here!
    Last edited by Radbabyg; September 28th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a great plan. All i can add is that i really rate preseed... it got me 2 of my soon to be 3 boys im certain!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very reassuring,thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome
    Your diet sounds pretty good, just remember protein and carb at every meal and snack and lots of fruits and veggies. I drank alot of lemon water and coconut water(has potassium in it) I drank 2-3 cups of green tea a day AF-O and I gave up soda while I was swaying. I highly recommend preseeed. I tried the BSF and it burned and the minute I dropped it from my sway I got my BFP. I took both fertile cm and wheatgrass, I drank wheatgrass once a day everyday and I think I did the fertile CM AF-O. The only other thing I would try and add is exercise to try and build some muscle.

2007 2008 2012

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a hard time going to the gym or anything because it's hard to find someone I truly trust to babysit, but I do have an ab lounger, would that count if I used that a lot? Also, with your sway, did you conceive a boy? If so, do you have girls at all?

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, as for the lemon water, is it the lemon water that you can buy in the bottles already flavored or do you mean just squeeze lemon juice from a lemon into your water?

Does DH take L-Arginine and other supps from now until 1st attempt or only days leading up to attempt?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You squeeze fresh lemon into your water. V8 is a good drink to have because of teh nutrient value, but it is a bit expensive, you could make your own fresh juice, stay away from soft drinks/soda.

You can do exercises at home like push ups, sit ups, calf raises, squats, lunges, and lifting weights (you can use your child or some water bottles)

You can lose sperm while inserting an instead cup, unless you are really good at doing it, it is not really necessary, just lay with your bum on a pillow for 20 mins after your attempt.

The EPO and Fish oil should increase your ewcm, but if it doesnt you should use pre seed.

Everything your DH is doing looks great.

Avoid BSF, it doesnt change the ph inside your uterus, only your vagina and can kill sperm. Diet and drinks are your best bet for raising ph.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! This info helps tons! I have the lemon juice in a little bottle, it says reconstituted lemon juice on the label, would that work or should I use an actual lemon?

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I love animal crackers! I buy them for my kids and find myself snacking on them too. Are these ok for boy diet or no?

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    Welcome
    Your diet sounds pretty good, just remember protein and carb at every meal and snack and lots of fruits and veggies. I drank alot of lemon water and coconut water(has potassium in it) I drank 2-3 cups of green tea a day AF-O and I gave up soda while I was swaying. I highly recommend preseeed. I tried the BSF and it burned and the minute I dropped it from my sway I got my BFP. I took both fertile cm and wheatgrass, I drank wheatgrass once a day everyday and I think I did the fertile CM AF-O. The only other thing I would try and add is exercise to try and build some muscle.

When did you do your first attempt? and how many times? I was going to do my first attempt 12 hours after my first positive, maybe also 12 hours or so after that. Is this good or should I do it more after first positive or before or just once after first positive?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast