Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here TTC girl. Need dairy free diet tips

We have 3 wonderful boys. They are 5, 3 and 2weeks old. We wanted at least a couple of boys, and our older two are best buddies. I never thought I wanted a girl until we had a couple of boys so i thought it would be sweet to have a girl someday. We will likely try again next June/July. I want to get prepared, so I am interested in learning as much as possible before we start. I sort of swayed twice and lost two babies before our 2 week old so was conceived. I could not help but blame myself in some ways. God has a plan, though. I tried that "other" website with the extremely unhealthy diet methods and do not agree with doing it all, but I did to some extent when I swayed. I am somewhat a health nut and don't want to eat aspartame( I did while I tried swaying before and wish I had not). Also, I plan to nurse my baby until he is a year old. I cut out cow's milk when I nurse because my children tend to be very fussy if I don't and my ds2 was extremely allergic to it as a baby(it caused bloody stool due to intestinal bleeding). That said, my diet will not be the typical girl diet and need advice on a dairy free, aspartame free diet when I do sway. Any advice from those who have swayed girl without these would be great!thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually there is this diet called the LE Diet that I myself just started and it is supposed to be a sway towards a girl. It restricts your sodium level and protein levels with no meat allowed and really doesn't include much dairy at all! A lot of the ladies on here swear by it!! I read something recently that said that they Vegetarians have more girls and that the other sways that increased your calcium may actually help conceive boys. The more nourished the body the more likely you will be to conceive a boy. With the LE diet like I said it is restrictive off all the things that are known to cause boys If interested look it up on here I am just not sure with you breastfeeding if that will work...but breastfeeding sways girl too I am only on day 2 so I can't really tell ya if its doing much yet, we are looking to start trying between Feb-Mar
    Twins born at 36 weeks 4 days!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breastfeeding sways girl!
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow you're really uber preparing - I can tell you're a boy mom too! LOL

You don't have to start the LE diet until you're within two months of TTC.....it's certainly not healthy or sustainable for very long, and right now you need to concentrate on eating right to nurse your baby. Bf'ing DOES sway pink, though, but if you're EBF'ing then you probably won't be fertile for at least 6 months if not more.

There's lots of ways to avoid dairy on the LE diet, you certainly don't have to have dairy. I'd say you should do your research now but don't even think about starting the diet until next spring.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ladies! Time already has flown by and my littlest guy is already 3 months old! I have not signed onto here since posting this thread. I will be on here from time to time now and I appreciate your help and advice so much! I'm definitely EBF for t least andother 3 months and trying to hold out til July at least before trying any diets. I am thinking that 4 healthy kids would be a great stopping point lol...so I'm hoping for a girl.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with getting your girl!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 3boys! I am totally milk-allergic and I'm swaying girl, so I'm happy to give you recipe ideas and substitution info. Once you're fully into the LE diet, the best thing to use is non-enriched rice milk (no extra calcium or vit d!). Soy, coconut and almond milks are fantastic in different recipes, but they have a lot of healthy fats and nutrients that are best to keep low during LE.

Anytime you have milk-free questions, just let me know! ;-)