Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face New and Expecting in March

Hi there. My name is Sarah. I'm a mother to one wonderful little boy and another boy due in March. I'm hoping to find some support here, as I've been feeling overwhelmed lately. I just found out we were having another boy a week ago, and I'm ashamed to say that I was completely blindsided and devastated, as I had been sure I was having a girl (mommy intuition that was right with my son). I had even bought a couple of outfits for the baby in pink, including a custom white lace romper and matching pink headband, which I cannot return. But what made my disappointment worse was my family's extreme disappointment. Not one person in my family said "congratulations." Just "oh" or even "what a shame!" How is a healthy baby a shame? Even my DH admitted to being a little disappointed, as he only wanted one child, not two, and for that child to be a girl. He only agreed to try again because our first child was a boy. I'm just so heartbroken. I feel like I could be over this by now and preparing to enjoy my new addition if not for everyone else. The excitement about a new baby is completely gone. And I want to apologize to everyone that it's "just another boy" and the not the girl they were all apparently hoping for. All of my cousins & DH's cousins and siblings had 2+boys...there's not a girl in sight in the whole family. I'm trying to show enthusiasm and hope that it will catch on and everyone will cheer up, but a week has passed and no such luck yet. Here's hoping next week is better. Thanks for letting me vent here, I feel like I'm just going through the motions some days and truly hope to cheer up soon. My son IS healthy and growing well, and I'm sure he will be a wonderful baby.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi welcome What a great gift you will be giving your son, a brother he will have for his life.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I'm sorry you feel this way, but you're definately not alone. I have 3 girls. I'm the last to have a family out of dh side which have all produced girls. I had similar comments too and it breaks your heart. When this baby is born, you'll have nothing but love for him and may have a touch of guilt that you ever felt this way and some anger too.
    I hope you find lots of support here. And congratulations on a beautiful little man :-)