Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nervous newbie in UK

Hello ladies,
    This is the first forum I've joined so please excuse my lack of abbreviations or if I don't use the right terminology - its all a bit daunting! I've had a good read through and after reading lots of positive and interesting posts Iam hoping Iam in the right place for some advice.
    My husband and I are blessed with three sons aged 7, 5 and 22 months and would desperately love to have a daughter. We have been trying to conceive since our youngest was 3 months and have had a series of upsets. We had two miscarriages last year and this year no luck at all. I have had a series of blood tests and scans and according to my dr I have not ovulated in the last three months. He believes it to be due to stress, though they are looking into other possibilities. I have been advised to 'relax' and 'stop trying' but that is almost impossible.
    I have friends who have been trying to conceive their first child with no luck, friends who have lost children and friends who have had full hysterectomy in their early 30s without any children, so I do feel incredibly selfish and greedy with my desire for a daughter and don't feel I can discuss it with anyone. I would really appreciate any advice or guidance from anyone in a similar boat, and especially hints on what to read on here to help sway pink. I worry as I'm not even ovulating that it won't work anyway but feel desperate!
    Thankyou so much for your time and I look forward to any advice xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Everyone on here is lovely and are full of good advice! Everyone also understands how you feel. I am not the best person for helping to find things but I would recommend becoming a dream member as its not expensive and you get access to great forums full if great information. Good luck!!!
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi welcome, you should look up info on the LE (low everything) diet, and join the girl swayers chit chat group

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey doll there's a few of us here in the uk welcome

i've been struggerling to concive too after 6 months looks like i'm not ovualting..... for both of us

yes relax but it's not easy is it ;-S xxx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I'm also new (and from Europe). I know exactly how you feel - I can't talk about my girl hopes with anyone (other than DH) because many have difficulties getting pregnant in the first place and it makes me feel selfish after easily conceiving 2 healthy boys. Welcome, hopefully you'll find help on this site!!
    After 3 lovely boys, hoping for a little girl...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome - I am now in my 4th month swaying for a girl and found everything i needed to know fromt hsi fab site.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I'm also a mom of 3 boys. Don't worry, you'll find lots of like-minded and very nice ladies here. And tonnes of info to help you! Be sure to post your questions on the Trying to Conceive a Girl or TTC Girl (Dream Members only) forums when you're ready.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou ladies for all your replies, it's nice to know Iam not the only one who feels like this. It's also very refreshing to be able to talk honestly about my feelings of longing for a daughter. I have read lots and lots on here about the LE diet and other important factors and I've got to say wow! Some fantastic information on here and what a fantastic bunch of mummies! since my last post I have tried to stick to the LE principles and have had hubby change his diet too! He's even given up coffee which Iam gob smacked about and been taking licorice root pills too. I must say having read about the diet it does make sense in that my 'normal' diet is very much a 'boy sway diet'.
    Anyhow, thanks again for your replies and good luck to everyone with your sways.