Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New! and NEED to learn everything FAST!! HELP!

Hello!

New to the forum. DH and I have 2 boys, and we are hoping to try for a 3rd in the next month or so. My husband REALLY wants a girl, so he's happy doing whatever and I'm willing to try. With both my sons we got pregnant first try, so I'm just assuming I won't have a long wait to get things right.

This is what I've learned so far...
    - Low protein, low cal, low nurtient diet - are their meal plans on here and can someone post the link?
    - FR 7-10 days leading up to BD - we are going to try one attempt 3 days before O as both my boys were conceived on O with multiple attempts right around it and after.

- Represh 12 hours before BD and Sylk during BD

Am I missing any key things here. I want to try and do as much as possible, but I also have two other little kiddies to deal with and feed so it's hard to be super strict.

What is the info on antihistamines and when are they supposed to be used?

Thank you thank you thank you for any info. I've spent hours on here looking for info and I'm way to overwhelmed knowing I don't have tones of time!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome... I'm not sure about your plan. I have had 3 girls without swaying... all the best x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

Here are some threads that I found very helpful when starting my research:
    This is all about the LE diet which is a big part of swaying- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html
    This has a bunch of links to threads for specific areas of your sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...pink-sway.html

If you are pressed for time Atomic offers a personalized plan that breaks down exactly what you need to do for your sway. This way you don't have to do all the research yourself.

It seems many women start out with a strict sway using many of the techniques (timing, frequency etc) then if they don't get their BFP they start dropping things each month until they do get pregnant. Here is the thread that talks about antihistamine use-http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/518-using-antihistamines-help-ttc-girl.html

Antihistamines dry out your cervical mucus if you feel like you have a lot when ttc. The women here are great so I'm sure they will add to this
    Last edited by Peanut41; November 10th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
    James 08/10
    TTC my little girl in 13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    think peanut's covered it all!

welcome x
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for all the info - read it all and it definitely helped! The last two days I've been pretty strict with the LE diet and bought my represh and antihistamines. I'm a little iffy on using artificial sweetner so I've been staying clear of that even though it does sway pink.. just worries me a little as I never ever used it before.

Today and yesterday I was under around 800-900 cals for the day. I don't really know how to up this, and I am still hungry. However, I'm used to eating literally all the time.. so that doesn't help matters. I'm having a hard time skipping breakfast as I already have low blood pressure and blood sugar so I get dizzy and shaky easily if I don't eat. Going to try tomorrow to see if I can manage. I'm 5'6 and weigh 105, so I don't know how much I'm actually going to be able to lose so hopefully this helps. Really, I'm doing this mostly for my hubby as he's the one who really wants a girl - I'd LOVE another boy Hope it works! Good luck to everyone too!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love

Thank you so much for all the info - read it all and it definitely helped! The last two days I've been pretty strict with the LE diet and bought my represh and antihistamines. I'm a little iffy on using artificial sweetner so I've been staying clear of that even though it does sway pink.. just worries me a little as I never ever used it before.

Today and yesterday I was under around 800-900 cals for the day. I don't really know how to up this, and I am still hungry. However, I'm used to eating literally all the time.. so that doesn't help matters. I'm having a hard time skipping breakfast as I already have low blood pressure and blood sugar so I get dizzy and shaky easily if I don't eat. Going to try tomorrow to see if I can manage. I'm 5'6 and weigh 105, so I don't know how much I'm actually going to be able to lose so hopefully this helps. Really, I'm doing this mostly for my hubby as he's the one who really wants a girl - I'd LOVE another boy Hope it works! Good luck to everyone too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, and welcome to GD!

I am very concerned that you are eating so little. LE diet is about eating less, but it's NOT about starvation. You are starving yourself at 800-900. The bare minimum you MUST get to is 1200. The LE diet recommends starting at 1500-1800. It is not hard to get there with empty carbs. Full sugar pop is 250 cals, an ice cream treat is up to 360 cals, chocolate and candy and sweets are the way most of us get enough without too much protein. Please eat more, and PLEASE don't lose weight, you're extremely underweight right now at 16.9 bmi and that is not healthy. It is still a good girl sway if you eat girl foods and keep to 2-3 meals a day with no snacks. BUT they HAVE to be big meals.

Please read this thread that we had a few weeks back. It gets a little contentious, but many good points were brought up about caloric requirements, healthy weight, and the LE diet: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...0-le-diet.html
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, good to hear others are eating junk as well. I ate popcorn tonight with some butter & brown sugar on it to add more calories. Truthfully, I actually ate a lot of lunch and dinner (and honestly, this is coming from a girl who eats WAY more than any of my girl friends. I literally just don't gain weight, so my low starting weight is just how I am, because I probably normally eat 2000 + cals a day. Hence my 2 previous boys maybe

But I ate lots of lunch and dinner.. the meals were just mainly vegetable - with rice, or a pita so it really is hard to get to that higher calorie when you eat lots of veggies. I won't feel bad now about eating some "junk" food to get the extra cals. Was worrying about that, so thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Np. And yes you're going to have a hard time getting to a decent amount of calories on cucumber, but no one said you have to!!

White carbs and sugar, and believe me it's darned easy to get to 1500-1800 calories on white carbs. Have the veggies but have extra servings of bread/rice to fill it out. Have some pop and dessert. If you're maintaining your current weight on 2000 calories, please eat 2000 calories! As long as it's 2000 cals of carb heavy low protein simple sugar type stuff it's still LE diet.

Yes, this is me telling you to eat that ice cream, lol. My third 'meal' everyday is cake and ice cream. Really. I average around 1800-2000 calories because I can't afford to lose weight either. It's still the LE diet, remember 'diet' in this case =/= losing weight, it's diet in the sense of a methodology of eating.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.