Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about cutoff and fertility

Hi Atomic,

I can't really say i am new to this website because i've been creeping around and reading posts and threads for over a year. However this is my first real post, so hello and thank you for putting together so much interesting information about gender swaying. I am a mother of 2 gorgeous boys which is not surprising seeing as my diet is textbook boy by nature.

Anyway, firstly, i can see from your info, that Vitamin A clearly increases testosterone in the body. I used to suffer from bad acne and for 6-8 months was put on accutane going back 5-6 years ago. Anyway, since the drug has extreme levels of vitamin A, i was wondering if you had ever come across this in your studies - most women i know who took it also ended up with boys. Just an observation that i thought was worth mentioning....

But my main question is to do with the catch 22 of timing and fertility. Basically, it's clear to understand from your writings that the general idea is if a women is "less healthy" or losing weight, she ay tend to sway pink. However, the way i see it, if a woman is "less healthy" she is also "less fertile" no?

My question is this: How can a woman who is comprimizing her fertility make it happen using cutoff method. Both of my sons were conceived on O day or perhaps the day after, and my diet is naturally very boyish. With my second son, i did try for several months to do the cutoff method however i just never ended up getting pregnant. Until i BDed on O day - then BAM in happened! Does that mean i'm not fertile enough to do a cutoff? And if so, wouldn't i be making the situation worse with the diet?

Even if i have sex up to day 12/13 of my cycle (i've done it enough times), i don't get pregnant. I would have to do it on the day of O and both resulted in boys. So now i simply stay well away from sex on those days, but i am happy to BD up to day 10....the problem is, i don't end up conceiving. So what are my chances? Diet would worsen my fertility, but then again i want to try it properly. What do you think?

Thank you

Sorry if i rambled a bit there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and ! I have experience of this as I was on the IG diet from June '11 - March '12 using a cut-off which resulted in only 1 chemical in May. I conceived both of my boys on O day too, so was terrified to BD on that day too. For me dieting and cut-off just didn't work and once I'd dropped the IG diet it was 2 months before I had a chemical. I found this fab site in August and started the LE diet at the end of that month and am still waiting for a BFP. However, we are skipping this month. I really believe that cut-off was too much for us and my hubby kept telling me all along that it wouldn't work, I guess he knows his own body too. He (& I) have come to the conclusion that FR is too much for him too, especially as he works shifts and is knackered all the time. The LE diet is IMO very important for changing our natural tendencies towards a particular gender, but I feel like we're properly TTC now that we've dropped the cut-off rather than just playing at it! Still at least I know for the future that we don't need to stress too much about BC, just avoid about 3-4 days in the middle of my cycle and we'll be fine! HTH x x x
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi not sure if you have read this post http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html old school timing was based on Dr Shettles theories which have been proven untrue.

Timing has been debunked so it is not something the girls on here do anyway, it really makes no difference when you dtd to the gender and almost everyone on here with a girl will have caught at opk+ or on o day itself. You will be reducing your fertility when you sway and you may find it hard to get pregnant with a cut off but i have had at least of my boys with a 3 day cut off and he is all boy!

Some women can never get pregnant using a cut off, some catch 6 or 7 days before o but i have seen lots of opposites my time on ig from those using cut off to sway. You got your boys cause of your boy lifestyle, my advice would be focus on your diet and other supplements you want to take or methods you want to try (vitex, sp, baby aspirin, aspartame - diet coke etc, antihistamine, rephresh, sylk etc) and try not to worry about timing BUT if you feel its something you have to include it the first month or two and if you don't get pregnant let it go (just don't compromise your sway in other ways to keep the timing or stay on it too long that you let the diet slip)

Good luck and welcome to GD
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there!!
    First off - WELCOME!! And congrats on your 2 sweet boys!!
    I'm sure Atomic will have a lot more to say, but I thought I'd try to help...

You're right about testosterone being tied to more males...but I'm not sure if the medication is causing it, or if these ladies were prone to it to begin with, thus the acne and the need for Retin-A. (High testosterone levels can cause acne) What Atomic generally says is that the more nutrients you intake, the healthier your body believes it is and the better chance it believes a male fetus will survive.

And yes, less healthy = decreased fertility...the point of the diet is to trick your body into believing there are less than optimal conditions and a baby girl would have a better chance at survival.

Timing does not sway. You were (unwittingly) consuming a boy diet - that made you boy friendly - it would not have mattered if you had conceived a day, 2 or 3 before O, you were primed for a boy pregnancy.
    So if you change your diet (and do the LE) your chances of conceiving a girl are good - even on ovulation day.

I hope this helps....
    Please let us know if you have any other questions. We've all been there ourselves...it takes some time, but with some reading and perusing the website, you'll get it.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome! try and forget the timing thing don't think there's much in it, i don't know when i conceived ds's but i certaintly know my diet was very high in protien x
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. It's really helpful and also reassuring to see that others have been through this. We are not planning another baby anytime soon. However, it's interesting to see how unlike many other women who fall pregnant with cutoff, that it just doesn't ever work for some like me All good stuff ..... thanks again

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi princessreader, I'm new here too and am also interested in your post re accutane. I've been on it a few times, the last being recently. We are ttc in the new year. Would love to know of any information about prior use of accutane swaying at all. I wouldnt have thought it would affect gender unless you were on it while ttc (which you obviously cant do), but i really have no idea. Good luck to you when you ttc!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Peppermint. It's interesting however i have no facts to back it up. It's just a thought i had when looking at most women who were previously on it. I may be completely wrong though...Are you ttcing soon?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting.... I have a boy and I only know of one other person who has ken accutane and she also has one child which is a boy. We are ttc in the new year. I want to be off accutane 3 months, even though the derm and ob/gyn say one month is perfectly fine, I'm waiting for my own piece of mind.
    Last edited by Peppermint; July 16th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.