Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boys born to aggressive mums, Girls born to passive mums

Hi Ladies,

How many of you can relate to this (boy mums and girl mums)? My personal theory about personality types and what genders they carry. I do realise now there have been some studies done about this but it was an observation i made a long time ago. I've noticed that the type of woman who naturally has girls is very feminine, gentler, passive type of character while the type of woman who has boys is feisty, independent, aggressive type.

I wonder if the eating habits form the personality or vice versa. And i wonder if the eating/nutrition habits were altered, would that in turn affect personality? I find this theory a very interesting one and wish there was more research on it. You may find 2 sisters for example and the feistier one may carry single gender of boys only while the more girly of the two sisters ends up with the girls. It's almost as if you can predict what gender will be produced by observing this.

I wonder why this happens. Is it the excess in testosterone that in turn affects the personality and then the gender chances? Or something else?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this....

X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know....
    I have 5 boys. I'm a gentle, feminine person. I work as a care-taker. But, I get stressed out very easy and have mood swings (and can be very mad at that point).
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Possibly the testosterone, but i have a very good girlfriend who is extreemly agressive, independent and fiesty and she has 3 daughters. She is also extreemly vein and eats like a rabbit in order to stay slim.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Er I fit the picture
    Cranky stress ball here!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know, I have two boys and I'm quite shy and quiet. I avoid confrontation, I'm very sensitive and I'm more of a gentle type. At the same time though I'm very anxious, a big worrier, and I can get very stressed about things.

My mum is quite aggressive and confrontational, she has 3 daughters and one son.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be. I have 3 boys and I'm competitive, aggressive, ambitious, Type A RAWR personality. Hah! I'm also a giant stressball too, the type to worry about nothing and obsess over everything.

We see the trend of this overly obsessive stressed out worrier type on the girl sway boards. Not sure if it would reflect our testosterone, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Actually, I'd also be curious - how many of us boy moms are firstborns? Because firstborns tend to have these personality traits. My husband is the baby of his family and a complete opposite to me in personality (thank goodness or we'd kill each other!)
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am extremely independent, fiesty a say whats on my mind type of girl and I have two girls and a boy on the way

2007 2008 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do have a short fuse but wouldn't say I was the feisty and independent type especially amongst people I don't know too well. I know I have high testosterone because of PCOS as well as diet - not really sure how that affects personality

I am a firstborn so that is quite an interesting theory

I have 2 boys btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well first DS was a surprise..
    Second DS was a "failed Shettles ..pull out baby" hahaha

I was completely calm while conceiving DD.. except the times when my boys made me come unglued... as they can do

As a general personality, I've always been a determined nature, and love a good competition too! So who knows? LOL I'd say my boys have MADE me more aggressive.. and meaner wife.. unless it's just prego hormones!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah this has always been my thought too. I feel like I have boys because I have a bad temper and am quick to anger and sometimes yell a lot. The wrong kind of stress...I also eat a lot, stress eater over here! I don't know how to stop my habits enough to ever get a girl. Anger management??
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast