Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, well I have a 12 yr old boy in my house, I can tell you without a DOUBT that hormones have an effect on personality. LOL!!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am probably the least aggressive person and have 3 boys. Lol! But I am a worrier.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How hormones affect human behavior - by Elton Gahr - Helium

"Hormones affect nearly everything about how humans think and feel. They can control weight, emotion, health and even lower or increase pain thresholds. In fact there is very little in the human experience that is not in some way affected by hormones and their interactions."

-That makes complete sense to me, but it is just my personal opinion.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally feel you. Yes, i agree that hormones play a part in personality, well mine do especially when i have PMS, my husband makes SURE he points it out haha!! I can also identify personality similarities in my groups of friends when correlated with the gender of their children. Very well said!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LacePrincess interesting theory about the firstborn. Would first female count as firstborn? I am the second in my family but the eldest girl, so i guess i would carry firstborn personality traits....

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way, i think i may have used the wrong word when i said "aggressive". I only put that in because i felt it covered many types of traits that meant 'strong' but it seems to be regarded as a negative word. However, the worrying, nervous, descriptions seem to make more sense and apply to many of boy mums. It's that woman who is quick to worry, fearful, anxious types who seem to be boy mums and perhaps it's these feelings that become the motivator behind that "aggression" or "neurotic-ness" that then unfolds into the competitive, independent, feisty characters i am trying to describe as "Aggressive" Sorry, getting my words in a jumble! Maybe a better word would be "anxious".....interestingly, anti-anxiety/anti-depressents seem to sway girl correct?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh i can totally relate to this! Before i had children i was chilled out, relaxed, calm all the time - like water off a ducks back type of gal..... had a DD, second time again very relaxed (i child is soooo easy LOL) and again another DD, this time around - im stressed out, mood swings like a crazy person and i will abuse anyone within 10 feet of me when i in a mood!! and im expecting a boy??!!!
    Mumma to and and a blue sway baby on the way!

Owing it all to the man upstairs!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! So interesting! I have always been an anxious type...always stressed out over anything & everything- a complete worrier. Until recently anyway I had terrible mood swings & a short fuse & I hate to say it but was a bit of a yeller. I have 3 boys. Interestingly I have become very close friends with a mum of 3 girls who is much more girly than me, much calmer & less stressed, & as I have been influenced by her approach to situations, I have found myself becoming more relaxed, less anxious & much, much calmer too. I've been doing a loose LE diet & have started on Zoloft too so all these things have contributed to me being more chilled out & calmer. Let's hope that helps with my sway!!
    DS1 DS2 DS3 Love my kiddos Hoping and praying for a baby girl to join our family in 2013 or 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTreasure View Post
    I always thought it was the sperm that determined the gender or is it the environment they go into have a bearing?? Well my SIL is the narkiest b***h you could ever meet and she has a lovely little girl...interesting concept though!
    sperm do determine the gender but it's believed the environment or the egg has some part to play in which sperm wins the race.

This is an interesting thread (firstborn and argumentative here ) but I think it's really a lot more complicated than that. It can be hard to discuss because people end up with hurt feelings but I have an essay about it here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tifically.html

Personallly I find doctors and lawyers I know to have more boys than girls. A study was done that found women with Master's degrees have more sons than the population as a whole.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by princessreader View Post
    By the way, i think i may have used the wrong word when i said "aggressive". I only put that in because i felt it covered many types of traits that meant 'strong' but it seems to be regarded as a negative word. However, the worrying, nervous, descriptions seem to make more sense and apply to many of boy mums. It's that woman who is quick to worry, fearful, anxious types who seem to be boy mums and perhaps it's these feelings that become the motivator behind that "aggression" or "neurotic-ness" that then unfolds into the competitive, independent, feisty characters i am trying to describe as "Aggressive" Sorry, getting my words in a jumble! Maybe a better word would be "anxious".....interestingly, anti-anxiety/anti-depressents seem to sway girl correct?
    Yes that's partly why I don't always love when this topic comes up, because everyone gets their feelings hurt- boy moms feel like they're being called b!tchy and girl moms feel like they're being called wimps when neither is the case at all.

Antianxiety meds seem to sway girl for biological reasons, but I do consider the possibility that it's also the effect on personality that may sway to some extent. my personality had def. changed before i conceived DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast